1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How rare are shovels with no usage count?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by PacificBob, Aug 20, 2011.

1. PacificBob

PacificBob Guest

As the title asks, how rare are shovels with no usage count? I have one left over from the old days of treasure hunting. Is it rare?

More importantly, perhaps, does it really not use up usages? I'm afraid to use it for mining due to a fear that there's some hidden count that's just not showing up. If it's infinite uses that'd be pretty awesome :)
  2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

If I remember correctly, it will show uses after the first time you use it.
  3. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    All I can say is that I have a "newbified" shovel (works like blessed but without a tag) that has no uses. I use it for my t-hunter. At least there I donĀ“t get uses when I dig for the treasure but I have never used it for mining of course just in case....
  4. Tenchu_Dagr

Tenchu_Dagr Visitor

Aug 20, 2010
    Shovels do not lose durability when you're using them to dig up a map. This may not be the case on siege but it is on all other shards.