1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How rare is large BOD for valorite plate?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

-Skylark

2. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

This is from the Blacksmithing FAQ on the crafting forum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Section 3.1: Bulk Order Deeds 101
    Original version By Hermlock on Pac.
    Highly Modified by Basara in 2008 to include new information.

The deed you get at and after 70.0 Real Skill is completely random, though GM smith's have a slightly higher chance of getting an Exceptional Deed, and being an Elder or Legendary (110 or 120) Smith reduces the number of Iron Armour deeds one gets (too bad it does nothing to reduce the number of weapons deeds. :(

Under normal circumstances, you may recieve a BOD only once during a given time period depending on your skill level (based on real skill):
    • 0.1-50.0: every one hour (Normal Iron Small armor/weapon BOD only)
    • 50.1-69.9: every two hours (Normal Iron Small armor/weapon BOD only)
    • 70.0-109.9: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 25% will be Iron Armor, 25% will be Colored Armor. Starting at 100.0 Skill, 60% of the BODs will be exceptional, 40% will be normal (was even chances of either below 100)
    • 110.0-119.9: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 15% will be Iron Armor, 35% will be Colored Armor
    • 120.0: every six hours (Exceptional/Normal Colored/Iron Large/Small). At this skill level, 50% will be Weapons, 5% will be Iron Armor, 45% will be Colored Armor

3. Turtle

Turtle Guest

At the time I was working bods I had roughly 800-1000 crap ones to fill and turn in while the rest 100-200 I'd keep to fill LBODS. After staying at this pace everyday for a month or so I think I got 1 val sbod that could be used to fill a Val Hammer LBOD. So I figured if I turned in 800 or so bods per day for a year I'd get a Val Hammer which inturn would make me a big pile of poo weapons to smelt and use to fill more bods.
    You have a much much higher chance of doing peerless once with full luck and getting a great wep then doing bods for a year.

4. I've got a lge plate val but it's only 15 exc, so gives a verite hammer.

5. 31881

31881 Guest

Its a shame the game is so thoroughly imbalanced. Its sad that they just dont overhaul the whole game. someday, Ive been waiting years now

6. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've been doing bods since I first started in siege..4 years ago. I have been doing them hardcore for the past couple of years. I did not get a single valorite bod (or even a bod for a verite hammer) until they made the changes to smithy bods several months (a year?) ago. I was lucky enough to get "The Mother Bod" -Large, 20 ex val plate. I was even luckier to get 5 out of the 6 smalls for it.

It is ridiculous that there is ONE large bod that gives a val hammer, while there are 8 larges that give barbed kits. Man, I dont want to get started on this.
    :yell:

7. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Last month I got a large 20 normal val plate, I was so excited to get it I pushed cancel by mistake :sad3:
    I was so pissed I did that I didn't even look up what it gave. :sad4:

8. archite666

archite666 Guest

I got one today...thats why I asked....Only the second time im turned in BODS....maybe I found my niche.

9. Patty Pickaxe

Don't get too excited. Getting the smalls isn't too easy either.

@spree- a 20 N Val plate bod gives a +30 hammer.

10. K'torr

K'torr Guest

In the past 6 years of doing BODs, on and off, I have received
    1 20X Val Plate LBOD and 1 15X Val Plate LBOD.
    And the 15x was a gift from someone who had no use for it.

11. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

I have done easily over 10k BoDs in my UO lifetime...

Ive gotten 1 20 exp Val small and 1 normal 20 Val small, and never a Large, and the slap in the face is that the smalls were for womans plate armor and bronze shields.

I have not done any since the new changes were made that im hearing about, so i might give it another try. =)

12. Patty Pickaxe

The changes made things a little better, not awesome. You do get more colored bods, but most of the them are useless shields and helmets or low-end bods. You still to turn in tons of bods to get the high-end bods. In my opinion they need to revamp the reward system. ALL exceptional valorite plate bods, at minimum, should give a val hammer. The number of Lbods that give verite hammers should be bumped up as well.

13. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I got a 20ex large Val plate BOD on Atl either just before or just after AoS. It is still sitting in my main smith's bank box. I have never ever gotten a small that would fill it. I occasionally get verite smalls but I think I have only once got a val small, and that was for female plate.

14. Alrich

Alrich Guest

on average you can expect a combinable small valorite bod every 2000 bods.

double that if you want a combinable small val bod that actually fills something better then a gold hammer or +30 ash

15. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think they should create a BOD turn in function. When you get enough of a certain tier (Say bronze 20x plate smalls are a tier 2) you can turn these in for a tier 5(val plate sbod). Currently BODS are just too much work for too little pay out. And they are utilized mostly by scripters which seems like a bit of a waste.