1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How setting up an NPC who speaks a greeting?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by imported_Hawkeye_Pike, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Hello,

in some houses I have seen NPCs who automatically speak a custom text when you get near them. What kind of NPCs are those, and how to you set them up to speak a welcoming text?

2. Hello,

in some houses I have seen NPCs who automatically speak a custom text when you get near them. What kind of NPCs are those, and how to you set them up to speak a welcoming text?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

those are heralds,

they come in the form of a token labelled personnel attendant.

barkeeps that you can buy from any innkeeper can also speak but the text is limited and their replies can only be triggered by key words you give them, so if your friends or guildies drop by and they know the key word they can get your message.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

those are heralds,

they come in the form of a token labelled personnel attendant.

barkeeps that you can buy from any innkeeper can also speak but the text is limited and their replies can only be triggered by key words you give them, so if your friends or guildies drop by and they know the key word they can get your message.

5. Thanks for the help! How can a personal attendant be obtained? Can it be bought from vendors?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

yup,

look for your local token vendor on your shard, it should be labelled a token for a personnel attendant or something like that. Do not remember exactly, cause I only have one, and I used it and it turns into a blessed deed for the character that redeems it.

Can not recall when EAMythic gave people one either, I know I did not buy it.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

They were original part of a boxed item sold in Japan, available elsewhere as a digital sale later.

I believe some were given out as prizes for a competition too.

http://update.uo.com/design_525.html

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I know I did not buy or win mine,

I just do not recall why/when the were given out.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Weren't they from 9th anniversary box? I have a couple, so that's only way I can think I woulda got them =)