1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] How tell difference between pre-patch golem and regular golem?

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Potgut, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How can you tell the difference between pre-patch golem and regular golem? or would one have to prove and test manually if the golems takes no damage with 100% poison weapon?

-thanks

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe that it can be lored by someone with 120 Animal Lore (maybe as low as 110 - not sure).

3. how much are these worth now?

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Im going to sound stupid here probs but...what is the difference?

5. Elffin

Elffin Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have a pre patch Golem, I think you can tell if you just sit there and watch it for a while. A Pre Patch golem will not lose any hitpoints whilst being hit by it's owner with a 100% poison weapon. On the other hand if you watch somebody hit with a 100% poison weap and it does take damage then you know it's not pre-patch.

Last i saw a pre-patch golem sell was for about 15mil.

Elf.

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

so is the only difference between the 1% poison resistance?

thats a ridiculous amount of gold for something you dont even need! (there are other things out there with 100% poison resist)

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah the pre-patched golems wouldn't take any damage when hit by a 100% poison weapon. The new ones take 1 point, so if your hitting a max swing speed, it is easy to knock the health down pretty quick. You can repair the golem either with a tinker or if you have spellweaving, cast gift of renewal on it. Just don't fall asleep. :eek:

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

So i was right in thinking that a pre patch golem is a 15mil stableable (not sure if thats a word) artic ogre lord!

WOW.

Dont know if i should have said that if you dryad allure an artic ogre lord it works the same as a golem (oh and will go to gm-gm in the skills) with 100% poison resist so no dmg taken no loss of durability on weap

9. Elffin

Elffin Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"So i was right in thinking that a pre patch golem is a 15mil stableable"

Yes this is correct.

Elf.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have found that I gain faster with an Arctic Ogre Lord. Could be random I suppose.