1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How the hell do you get Wolf spiders out of Underworld?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by lancelot99, Sep 25, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

You can't gate from the underworld, so how do you get wolf spiders out?

Ok sorted... Had to use the 'teleport log out-log back in' exploit to get them out

Next question, are 2x Wolf spiders or raptors any good? (seeomg as raptors have pack instinct, i'd thought they would be great to hunt with...

#1 lancelot99, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  2. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You could walk the spiders out, it just require more time to move monsters from potential bottle neck area. With well placed invis, you should not have too much issue.

You could also use pet summoning crystal ball.

As far as viability of wolf spider or raptor pairs as hunting companions, tests posted by other users from initial SA expansion release indicate a marginal rating at best.

3. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Aww .... back to GD and CU then :-(

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Last I knew they could only be used on bonded pets..

5. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The same way i get good stat Iron Beetles out of the Underworld. Attack them and have them follow you all the way to near the entrance (before the cannons), then start to tame them. You don't have to worry about spawn attacking them then. It's faster with an Iron Beetle though, because you can hit them with a Magic Arrow, and they get a burst of speed that lasts about 7-10 secs. Whenever it wears off, just hit them with another Magic Arrow.
    I tamed and fully trained a Wolf Spider, so i could have a bunch of guildies beat on it with 100% Poison Weps for wep gains. Since Wolf Spiders have 100% Poison Resist, no need to heal/vet it, and since it has GM Wrest/GM Tact, it works real well for getting guildies from 90-120 Wep Skill/Tact.

#5 PlayerSkillFTW, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  6. MasterCye

MasterCye Visitor

Why not find a safe spot and log off then log back on again. Your pet will disappear with a message that they couldn't log out with you. Then you can recall to a spot outside of the Underworld log off and log back on again, and your new pet should be there with you.

I had this happen with a Lowland Boura I was training with. I logged in and there was this Boura in the house with me.