1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

How the hell do you transfer an account to someone anymore

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kojak, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Kojak

Kojak Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 4, 2008
    without using the 30 dollar account transfer bs
  2. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Aug 30, 2009
    This is what ive been trying to figure out....Ive been trying so hard to find a way to unlink an account lol
  3. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    This is one of my problems too. I pay from time to time for someone elses account, who currently does not play UO any more and allowed me to use his account - but I neither want to link his UO account to my EA ID nor create an EA ID for him.
  4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Feb 12, 2005
    Yet another way for them to increase their bottom line. They have never liked folks selling accounts, but I guess now as long as they get their cut it's all good.
  5. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Account trading and sharing has always been a huge part of UO.. moreso than any other game due to things like the benefits of cross-sharding, housing, etc.
  6. PapaKarlson

PapaKarlson Guest

you have to create an EA Account for it. best thing to do is to create one for him with a fresh e-mail address to keep it separate from your accounts, then he can change the e-mail and passwords later when you explain what happened w/ the account system.
  7. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Yeah, especially the housing. There are a lot of people paying for accounts that are doing nothing more than holding houses for player towns, players that have left, etc.