1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to capture screen in the EC?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Winter, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Ever since the last patch or two, I can't use the Printscreen button to capture an image in the EC. All I get now is a black image using the paste (ctrl-V) command. This used to work, pasting into Paint or GIMP. Did something change?

2. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

As a workaround try using the screenshot key from under options or try Alt+Print key

3. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Tried that and it's not working either. I even changed the default screen capture key assignment in the EC, and doesn't work. I don't remember changing any key assignments before, so not sure what's happening. Is yours working, or is it just mine that's bonked?

Maybe I posted in the wrong forum, but was trying to capture a pic of stats on a fresh tame.

#3 Winter, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  4. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Mine works, then again im using windowed mode. Black screen is usually an indication of hardware acceleration offloading the image to the gpu. That way its inaccessible to the printscreen windows function

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Why use Ctrl+V to paste?

All the screen shots are saved in .bmp format in the following folder on your computer:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen Shot

6. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I was going to tell you NUH-UH...

and then I remembered that I remapped my Documents folder to a large 1Tb Data drive, while Windows 7 and games are on a fast SSD. Sure enough, it's on the Win 7 drive in the folder you indicated.

Thank you, DJAD.

DJAd likes this.
  7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Glad you got it sorted :)