1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] How to conserve resources in the 90s?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by guum, Sep 13, 2009.

1. guum

guum Guest

I'm at about 88 Imbuing right now, doing the imbue-once-then-unravel method, and recently I've had to switch from 2 residue per imbue to 3 residue per imbue -- no longer am I residue-use-neutral. No huge deal, I've got enough residue to last for a bit, but once I get up to 4 (pretty soon), I'll be eating it much faster than I recover it. Has anyone come up with any clever ways of conserving residue/essence in the 90s & 100s?
  2. Myna

Myna Guest

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 25, 2001
    Imbue with one property then imbue with a second, different property. And get lots of magical residue if you have lots of oak wood - either use a carp to make exceptional bokutos or a fletcher to make exceptional bows, then choose unravel ALL magical items on your bag.
  4. guum

guum Guest

Thanks...yeah I saw your post on this in UHall and ran to check my supplies, and alas, I've only got about 1.5k oak at home (and it's in log form - ack!), and it looks like all the oak in luna has been bought out. I'm already doing the imbue two properties thing...it makes a difference but it still seems like I'm going through resources at a pretty fast clip. Ahh well...I guess I'll wait until I can pay a newbie or three to farm residue for me. ;)