1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to copy macros from one character to another?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tanivar, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just returned to UO after a few years away. How to you copy a macro set from one charcter to another? Seems there used to be a folder of character files and you just copy and pasted the macro set but all I find is default macro files.

2. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrrrr!

My Computer - C Drive (or wherever ye gots UO) - Program Files - EA Games - UO - Desktop - Account folder - Shard folder - Character folder - copy macros file - paste in other character folder

Ye can also keep a macro file on yer desktop fer easy editing and pasting. ;)

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i believe the character files are stored in your "My Documents" folder now - they used to be stores in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online folder, but i think they recently changed that to get around a Norton thingy. Anyways, yes, if you go into My Documents there should now be an EA Games folder, and within that is each account's characters by shard. Inside each characters folder is a file named macros something. Mine are called macros2d. just copy that file from the char folder you want and paste it into the other char's folders.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Bingo! My Documents is where it's at. Thank you.:)

5. Silly Seadog

Arrr, I do also see an EA Games folder in My Documents, but it be empty 'cept for a couple o' empty folders (I be usin' 2D only)!

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

<<Arrr, I do also see an EA Games folder in My Documents, but it be empty 'cept for a couple o' empty folders (I be usin' 2D only)! >>

I'm using 2D as well.

I just returned a week ago and did the Fileplanet download for two hours but all that file did was spin drive C and nothing else. Must not have liked something about my system. I wound up doing a search of some stuff in storage and turned up LBR which I installed and let it patch for a half hour or so. All the character info was in the My Doc folder in this case.

I might try KR when it's considered fit to use, but I've never liked the past 3D clients. That last one released (before ML) ran slower than 2D did. Hunting anything that wasn't slow as molasses in Antartica would get my characters dirtnapped.

I don't hold much hope for a working UO 3D Client.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Seadog, then it's a miracle that you can play, as the last patch moved all that stuff to My Documents, for 2D (it was already there in KR).

8. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Or, as I found you can name your chars the same and have them bleed over to the next char you use with same name. Presto no more set up required.:D

Only two with the same name but it really plays havoc with my macro's.

9. Silly Seadog

Arrrr, ain't had a chance ta play since that last patch! The patch probably created the folders in My Documents, but they be empty since there been no loggin' in yet. At least now I'll be knowin' why me macros may not be workin' (unless I done had too much rum and fergets ;))!