1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to Cut The Heads Off

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Dai Deneg, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Dai Deneg

Dai Deneg Guest

I'm trying to cut off a head off of someone's body, but it tells me I cant.

How do I do that?

2. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think you would need to go back in time quite a few expansions to get that feature again :)

3. Dai Deneg

Dai Deneg Guest

: (((((((((((((

4. Quira

Quira Guest

Ain't it :)

Still, people used to turn in their own head... some people just have no sense of honor!

Kind regards

5. Dai Deneg

Dai Deneg Guest

ah, I never actually participated in the bounty system, I just like to cut them off and lock them in front of my house

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Maybe if we can get a poll agreeing that 90% of the players want this shard to be 17+ only, decapitation can come back. Siege has a half-true slogan as the "hard shard".. we should change it to the "adult shard."

7. Dai Deneg

Dai Deneg Guest

XXX shard :loser:

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ya you would have to grab the doc, and michael J fox, and hop in the sweet delorean, and head back to what....1998ish.

Yeah the system was flawed. Great idea, but people would turn in there own head to collect gold, or hav a buddy or alt turn in the head. Thus collecting thier own bounty.

9. Nakukak

Nakukak Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Actualy its just 2001 .. I remember having the system for quite a while, as you know everything in UO takes atleast a couple of years to be done :)

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye the system had it's flaws thus folks and their friends collecting bounty off their own heads. But DANG I miss those days..........I may not have collected many but I did get some :) and the rewards too. :) It all gave some sort of comic fun meaning to being blue...to go CUT OFF THE HEADS OF REDS and get bounty sort of added meaning to JUSTICE when ya were not explotiing the system that is..thus FUN ! :) I enjoyed it !

I mean think of it, if they returned the bounty system my crafters might actually become PVPers, just to whack off Krystal's head once, get gp for it in the form of bounty and slap a decapitated head on my porch again. haha FUN STUFF ! :)

I doubt they will bring it back though certain cultures just did not like it all and seen it as gross or offensive so ..........besides the failures in the system there were those *politically correct global cross cultural issues with customers in some lands, that also ended the cutting off heads for bounty in the game.......*sigh*

11. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I never understood why the "flaw" was such a freaking big deal. So what if a couple people turned in their own heads for a cpl k?

I used to love chopping up the bodies, laying them out and setting them on fire with kindling.

Oh, the freedom we used to have.

12. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

if a person pays the bounty to be collected on the person to be killed then there is no way it can be abused? right?

or just have it with no bounty but you can save the heads.

Lorddog

13. Nakukak

Nakukak Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I remember how much it was exploited on Pacific and Europe...

But still Hey comn!
    Who wouldnt say they are number 1 on the bounty list now? :D

14. Bruin

Bruin Guest

The game already has an M - Mature rating...

15. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

well I just wanna cut corpses up I don't want the bounty system I could care less, it would be cool if u could cook body parts up and eat them, should change ur color to hot pink or sumthing marking them as a cannibal or not just want to cut ppl up

16. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

I know of a few heads I would pay for..

a named head on a spike would be a great feature. Just a few tweaks to the taxidermy system...

17. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Well you know that Halloween event the last few years, if you went trick or treating and got tricked sometimes things would chase you like a an evil replica of yourself. If they killed you, your stuff all went into a back pack and your body was cut up sacrifice style. Meaning your head, torso, right and left arm and leg were are left laying there. So I have several of my own head and body. Otherwise kill tsuki wolves and you can get body parts.

18. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I have been or did play for over eleven years......Heres a blast from the past....

Someone please tell me, anyone other then me remembers the old PK trick where you would go cast a gate down at the what we called the "Wall" which was the skeleton room where everyone would train there skills....cant remember the dungeon...

Everyone would stand on top of each other like 5-7 mages and one would cast a gate....everyone would click it, but when you appeared down in the dungeon, only one person would be seen...so all five other mages would smoke everyone and the sixth mage was there to heal the mage that was the one showing so he wouldnt die.....Its was a riot...man I miss those days.......lol

19. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I remember the " Wall " but I don't remember mage tricks, all I remember is it was always full of people working melee or archery and they were the arsiest bunch of self important snotnoses you could care to come across, so yeah, it was fun to mess with them sometimes in whatever way was possible :p

20. Quira

Quira Guest

I too remember the "skeleton wall" just as a place where 3-4 people could fight side by side and easily heal each other. Of course on such occasions there would be "profiteers", who could easily be brought down, they would try to gain from the situation without contributing.

Kind regards

21. Rykus

Rykus Guest

As I recall, it was the BK,or Bone Knight room, in the dungeon Deceit.

I personally hated being there, as I agree with the comment about many of them being asses, as if they owned the spawn or something. I trained by killing things that dropped decent gold, which was actually worth doing in those days. I remember getting all excited when I made 60k from killing stuff in Despise before they changed the spawn to what is currently in there.

Good times...

22. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Easy fix to the bounty system:

If your head is turned in for a bounty, you will lose 5.0 skill points from a random skill. BOOYAH

23. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Skill loss should never have been removed (It existed in beta not sure how long it lasted when released).