1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to gain?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Jan 13, 2009.

1. is there a guide anywhere on how to build siege characters?

if not, can someone help me out? Im thinking about building up my siege character

My template will be this (probly)
    tinkering 100
    alchemy 100
    mace 120
    tactics 100
    magic resist 120
    chivalry 70
    focus110

i started with 50 alchemy and tinkering, since they are recource skills, i figured they would be harder to raise from 0

right now ive been bashing small woodland creatures, and for money, ive been bashing mongbats, and rats

its real slow, im wondering if there is a better training ground for leveling fighitng skills than running around the woods

also i will need to buy regs and ingots, so whats the best way to make money, for low level characters, (noobs, and then once im in the 70's)

2. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Bash animals that give leather. You can get rich selling leather to tailor on this shard.

3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You can set mining up to raise for now, then lower it when you're pressed for skill points for the template... It will help you a bunch while training tinkering, so you dont have to buy any ignots, and you can make your own shovels. Just stay out of Barter Town Mines, if you know whats good for you! * evil grin *

Also, you can set your goal for tactics down to 90, as that is all thats needed to get the second special move. Spend the last 10 points and finish off focus to get the final mana regen bonus ( +1 mana regen per 20 points of focus ), or put it towards Chiv and make it more reliable.

You can train more easily in Jelhom Pits. Each fighter asks for a certain amount of pay for hire, and those amounts are equal to their skill in multiples of ten.

someone who wants 6 gp has 60 skill , 7 gp, 70 skill, etc...

train with the person who closest matches your skill. You get the best gains if you have about a 50% chance of hitting. You're not getting gains from woodland creatures anymore because they are too easy to hit.

4. Welcome to Siege and NEW, Yuri.

5. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Yugi, you might also want to check out the stickied threads at the top of the forum. There are two threads Mythbusting Siege and the Siege Perilous FAQ which are very helpful and help explain the ROT gain system.

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I believe this character trained on skeletons, rat men, and finally ants. Leather sells. If you do any quest so will the powder of sending and bags. Ants are fairly easy too, as long as you avoid the ones that spit.

7. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I agree with that, Touzoko. Was able to fight solen workers on a bog standard pally without too much bother with most skills in the 50's/60's. But yeah avoid the warriors early on, that acid spit is nasty and they are harder to kill for not much more reward :)

8. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Very odd template.

As mentioned, see the FAQ above.

After 70 skill points, it is ROT. So basically just fight whatever is in your skill range for a few hours while you gain your 3 points a day:lick:

I JUST finished up tinkering on my crafter. LOTS of ingots and LOTS of time.

Also, keep in mind that with ROT, you have a total number of skill points you can gain... that is not per skill but between ALL skills.:sad4: So after getting your skills up to 70, you might just lock all the skills but one and concentrate on it. In your case, I'd concentrate on macing.

9. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My template will be this (probly)
    tinkering 100 ------> With alchemy I see Trapmaking here, yes?
    With some carpentry you can make your own kegs!
    alchemy 100
    mace 120 ---------> Use one handed mace weapons so you can use potions.
    If you need to do more damage with any weapon then I
    thought Anatomy is needed. Do you only intend to do
    the special mace weapon moves? If so, Ok.
    tactics 100
    magic resist 120 ------> I thought Magic resists was capped at 40.0 per type
    at magic resist 100.0 skill. I have never seen a
    power scroll at 120.0. Is there one?
    chivalry 70 --------> Healing, cure poison, weapon support... ok.
    Alternatively, choose Magery so you can use gate scrolls.
    focus110 ---------> Why the need for so much mana.

The easiest monsters to kill are Ettins, Trolls, Earth elementals, so Despise dungeon.
    Nothing wrong with the ruins that have lesser undead either, they will poison
    you more often... so you can practice your Chivalry and gain fame too.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

10. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just stay out of Barter Town Mines, if you know whats good for you! * evil grin *

Ten years ago those mines were nothing but a death trap! Besides the best I got there
    back then was Copper! True, the randomness has changed. He can find many remote areas
    away from pest! rolleyes:

See, if he does Mining skill he will need the ability to Gate to the bank or just mine near
    his newly placed house...train Magery without Eval Int. With Eval Int. if you plan to do
    more damage to opponents.

Yeah, the training pits in Jhelom will shorten the need for opponents.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

11. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Get in touch with me i'll give you a 100k should set you up a little for resources.

12. Im guessing you figured out who posted this, since im probly the only person on siege, or the entire game for that matter, with this template