1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] How to get more colored wood?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by CorwinXX, Nov 4, 2011.

1. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Any tips and advices are welcome

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know if this helps, but I obtain a lot more wood on my elf character than any other race.

3. What Shellybean said... and you get more in Felucca, too.

But, here is what I've had the best luck with...

Find a convenient low-travel area with lots of trees and chop every tree until it gives no more wood. This causes the wood to respawn with a chance to have a rare color. When you find a tree with the color you want, don't take every log from it to keep it from respawning into another color or just plain wood.

And use the EC with easy to drop map markers or use the UOCartographer to mark trees with color wood and number of logs.

This will take a while, but I now have a large area with every color wood in it, even several frostwood. The hardest part is not to be greedy and leave that last log on the tree.

4. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Old Man of UO
    So I shouldn't use EC "gather for resources" macro?

5. ABSOLUTELY!That is one of the best reasons to use the EC client, and the best way I know to find new trees bearing color wood (or color ingots while mining).

Once you set it up, set it to repeat 10 times, and assign a hot-key. Then walk from tree to tree, pausing at each tree to chop at least 3 times (or more). Every chop won't bear color wood, so you may miss some with just 3 or 4 chops, but it's a very fast way to map out a forest.

Just keep in mind that you don't want to empty the trees bearing colored wood once you find one.