1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to get the scrappers recipe?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrMiagi, Feb 23, 2008.

1. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Well, I know which quests give the recipe or so I think, I got the info from the scribe forum, most of the quests require you to turn in items that are to expensive, like barrel taps, ingots sell for 20gp each on my server. The only quest that isn't really expensive is the one that asks for 50 empty bottles, but it will only give me that quest every 5 mins or so, so how exactly do you get the scrappers recipe?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

If you mine your own ingots they are free. Or you can do what I did and find one for sale and buy it. Thoes crappy little crafting quests get boring fast.

3. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If you mine your own ingots they are free. Or you can do what I did and find one for sale and buy it. Thoes crappy little crafting quests get boring fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mining your own ingots does not make it free, the ingots still have a value of 20gp each. Could have sold them for that. I would prefer to buy it, but for 3 days now I can find nobody selling it.

4. That's also 20gp per ingot you're *not* spending if you need to use them.

Mining your own ingots for use = free.

5. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrr, but don' be fergettin' the new online tax!

6. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

<blockquote><hr>

That's also 20gp per ingot you're *not* spending if you need to use them.

Mining your own ingots for use = free.

[/ QUOTE ]

my time is not free so there for the ingots I would mine would not be free [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

...but it will only give me that quest every 5 mins or so..

[/ QUOTE ]Its a while since I did the quests but you used to get each quest ramdomly rather than on a rotation so you could just keep cancelling quests until you got the one you want.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

fox contact me on 64469956 please.

9. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

I just got the recipe from the quest npc, how much do these usually sell for on europa anyway?

10. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I just got the recipe from the quest npc, how much do these usually sell for on europa anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm willing to pay 1.25m for one, if you do decide to sell. ICQ or PM me [​IMG].

11. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

so how exactly do you get the scrappers recipe?

[/ QUOTE ]Perseverance...

12. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Two different ways I know of:

1- Keep doing the barrell tap quest for HOURS on end developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

2- Farm ingots, sell them at the afforementioned 20gp each, repeat until you have around 1m gp then buy the thing.

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I got mine doing the "Reptilian Dentist" quest - Take a mage or tamer (Bard might work too, or a samurai) to the Grove, and kill lots of Coils.

Not only will you gain lots of fame (and honor, if you honor it), you'll get one fang per Coil. Then go and do the reptilian dentist quest from Sleen over and over.

I guarantee I did a lot less of those quests to get two Scrappers recipes than most of you did the other quests (I doubt I've done 100 of that quest in over 2 years).