1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to kill an ortanord ?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by TheDarknessRJ, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Has anyone killed this?

The vast majority of time i only get a message stating that it cannot be damaged.

I tried a lot but don't make any considerable damage.

Using the demon slayer cyclone given from a guest i make a little damage with the assist of 2 tamed Lowland Bouras, but it regen in few seconds.

2. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I went after it with a mage-bow using mage/tamer, a dreadmare, a nightmare, and a mystic/bard on another account.

It's effectively immune to all 6 damage types and can not be discorded.

The 90% resists with the hp regen it has at most permited a pixel at the end of the healthbar to occasionally flicker red for a moment.

The demon slayer books didn't appear to help.

Some dev needs a swat upside the head by his boss. :)

3. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

dexxers can take them down, they just take a lot of damage (similar to the rats in the abyss)

they don't drop anything worthwhile btw, so it's not really worth it.

4. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aren't these the things you need a small piece of blackrock in your backpack for?

5. Kayne

Kayne Guest

No I think that's only dark wisps isn't it?

6. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I have killed them with an alchemist/imbuer/carpenter/tinker/mage/scribe/cook by casting something to occupy their attention like a earth elemental or EV and then threw explosion potions at them. They have the same loot as a kopre which is nothing usually or a void orb.

7. Ahmadi

Ahmadi Visitor

They are effectively designed to level pets in Anatomy, meditation, resist spells, evaluate intelligence and magery.

Albeitly at high levels they slow down, but that is the most amazing exploit ever!!! Low damage and great gains, as long as you do 't fall asleep you on the keyboard you can take a dragon or GD levels all the way to max with little effort. Just act and forget about it.

Also they are the only mob I know that can take a pet tamed squirrel and max all its stats without fear of dying. I love thoossseeee Ortanrods!!!

Deep Ellum Dan likes this.