1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] how to make good slayer weapons

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by SDragor, Jan 22, 2010.

1. SDragor

SDragor Guest

What is the best method to make slayer weapons? i don't mean super slayers, but regular slayers.

i thought that maybe i should use a dull copper hammer and craft a number of weapons until i have a high hci or ssi mod on it, and then imbue the slayer property and appropriate leeches on it. is this a good way? what do you recommend?

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Since HCI and SSI both require relic fragments, and non-super slayers do not. It sounds like you have a good plan already, provided you have the white pearl to do it.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd craft weapons with a relatively high HCI/SSI on them, then imbue them with the slayer property. I think the special ingredients for slayers are easier to get.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

That's what I do... DC hammer for SSI and then I imbue the rest. If 20% cold damage & 80% phys damage works for your intended target, you can craft out of shadow iron for the durability bonus. DC works better for durability, but it takes 1 of your precious 5 mod slots for lower requirements. Just remember to POF your weapon before starting to imbue.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd recommend to enhance AFTER finishing the imbuing job.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah - don't craft with the colored ingots. There's only a few properties that make enhancing harder, and luck is the only one that appreciably affects it.