1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to make Mysticism Spells

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Toni Blake, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Toni Blake

Toni Blake Guest

I've been trying to scribe some of the new spells.

Nether Bolt spell requires: 1 Ash, 1 Pearl, blank scroll and mana and obviously a scribes pen.

I have all of the above in my backpack and yet when I try to create spell, I get the following message:

"You don't have the components to make that"

Help Please, what am I missing.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The spell itself in your book.

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Like magery, you also need a copy of the spell in your spellbook.

(so you can't use inscription to discover spells you've never found)

4. Eden13

Eden13 Guest

Go to the Ter Mur Royal City and buy the first 6 spells off the Mystics. The rest you will need to get off monsters.

5. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Toni, in Ter Mur, there is a mystic that will give you a quest. The reward is knowledge. I suspect that those who want to be able to scribe those spells will need to complete this quest.

At least that is what I'm currently working on. I'll know once I can find what to kill to get dragon's blood. LOL

6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

psst ... try taking the hides off things.

7. Toni Blake

Toni Blake Guest

Thanks everyone for info and the hints...

8. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Yes, so far no luck though. *winks tiredly* Going to take a short break then go back to hunting. heh

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

keep trying ... Ter Mur is crawling with things that have a little dragon in them.

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think that quest gives scrolls :/ but it is of interest for those training skills

11. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

The quest is a BRILLIANT a valuable item, I just finished it, a snowball of knowledge... everything you do or cast (When the globe is on) will tell you ... well, I'll let you figure out, will help gains a LOT... AND it's blessed, and will sell for a lot, im sure... Well, at least early on.

12. tuatha

tuatha Guest

yes you are missing the spell... the mystic quest gives no spells but gives a crystal ball of knowledge that works very much the same as the skill tutor statue from KR. kinda nifty whil your training...
    dragon blood i got from those bantha lookin things, skin it youll get 8 blood
    not sure bout actual dragons yet

but i have not found a single thing that drops the scrolls, still looking... ill update soon as i figur tthis out.

13. GreyNoob

GreyNoob Guest

Bantha Looking things? you remember the name? I'm one of these geeks with no Star Wars knowledge...

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Start with Skrees; they give basic scrolls.

I'm not sure how many, and not sure what gives advanced scrolls. If you find something that casts mysticism spells on you, kill it, ;P.

15. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

why waste your time... you can buy the first 6 scrolls...

16. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I bought the first 8.... then tonight, I got the "Spell Trigger" 9th spell off of an undead gargoyle... :) Gotta go back and see if they have more!

17. Lilweezybaby

Lilweezybaby Guest

Confirmed...the new "undead" champ spawn (not sure what it is called), produces undead gargoyles, every gargoyle carries a mysticism scroll on loot.

18. HippieMagic

HippieMagic Guest

Where exactly is the undead champ spawn? The only undead I've seen was near the skeletal lich and in the tomb of kings.

Nevermind I found it... I ended up getting lost when I didn't realize where the sparkle sent me heh.

19. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Can't buy Sleep =) and buying one spell on a vendor to make 6 is a waste of time to me when I can sell the rest ;D

20. Multani

Multani Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I got

Animated Weapon
    Stone Form
    Spell Trigger
    Mass Sleep
    Cleansing Winds
    Bombard

from the Undead Gargoyle's.

anyone know where to get the final spells at?

21. HippieMagic

HippieMagic Guest

I bought sleep on a vendor... the mystic in town has the first 8.

22. HippieMagic

HippieMagic Guest

Are these undead gargoyles limited to the champ spawn or any undead garg as in the ones in the Tomb of Kings? I ask because if I don't have to do the champ I probably won't since it seems fairly dead and working it myself takes FOREVER.

23. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The ones in the tomb of kings are called undead guardians not undead gargoyles... but the Undead Gargoyles also spawn in the Medusa Peerless room so you can avoid the champ... even if you do not work the actual peerless - you can get the scrolls from other monsters in the room.