1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to moth-ball my account?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winter, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I will be moving across country in the next couple weeks and won't have internet for 3-4 weeks time. I am paid up until September, but want to cover my bases in case I can't reconnect right away. Hopefully things will go okay, but I like to be prepared.

Other than storing soul stones and artifacts in the bank, what else should I do to prepare for a long-term down time?

2. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That sounds good. And any other rares you might have stored. Your house SHOULD be ok, though - I believe they go IDOC after 3 months?

In the worst case scenario (can't connect for longer than that), do you have any friends who could log in to your account just to maintain your house(s) for you?

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Have to be careful storing some rares in your bank, though.

I'd just add extra gametime I guess to extend the account life.

Viper09, Widow Maker and Troop like this.
  4. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

The extra game time is a good idea G.v.P but if I can't connect in another month, it's probably not ever going to happen. I haven't given out my account details to anyone, and won't... just look at the other threads where people are crying because they can't get back an account they gave away. No thanks! LOL

*scratches head* What rares do I have to worry about storing in the bank??

If something happens that I can't reconnect, I'll arrange for a public IDOC party as a going away gift. It's a loaded keep in Felucca, so should be fun.

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I unfortunately wouldn't be the best judge, but some rares are such so they will get reset or changed while in a bank. I guess one mistake I happened to make which I can verify is the old Brit Sewer rat coins, which were all treated as gold currency while in a bank and would be spent as gold regardless of appearing as a uniquely different currency/item.

6. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

You're paid through September so don't worry about it. I didn't have internet for 4-ish months and came back with no problems. As long as your credit card doesn't expire you'll be fine. But as someone else said it takes 3 months for your house to fall after non-payment.

7. popps

popps Always Present

Check around your home, you may have some high value items forgotten in secures or locked down in out of the way places, just unlock them and put them in bank....

By the way, if you are short of storage in bank boxes, you can load blue beetles and log off while riding them, they will hold your stuff. This is NOT possible with stables !!! Only with blue beetles that you log off WHILE RIDING THEM ! And log off either in your home or at an Inn so that, just in case their loyalty is low, they do not go wild before the logging off actually times out.........

8. popps

popps Always Present

Tell me, I had 2 full sets of the old house deeds, and they converted into house placing tools.... all of them.....
    I still keep the useless house placing tools to remind me of my foolishness......

I lost all of the gold spent to buy them.....

Daga Taga and CovenantX like this.
  9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

ouch :(

10. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Why wouldn´t you be able to reconnect in your new home? Have you checked to see if there´s any internet available there?
    If there is I don´t see why you wouldn´t be able to reconnect within 6 months.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

Troop likes this.
  11. THP

THP Stratics Legend

u get 90 days ...after your account goes unpaid....simply no excuse ....thats why its 90 days....some crazy bafoons want this reducing to 30 days or less.... yes they are bafoons!!!!!!..good luck ....

12. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I can connect, and there is internet already available that is broadcast from mountaintop about 12 miles away. Not sure of the pings yet.

But that isn't the issue - it's the move and real life time. The house I bought is a HUD repo - and needs to be gutted and rebuilt inside and out. I love visioning these things and building that vision. This will be my fourth home project, two houses starting from a dirt hole in the ground, and I swore I'd never do that again. Silly me.

Gidge likes this.
  13. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Any old House deeds or Tent Deeds, like "A Deed to a Castle", if you leave them in your bank, back pack, or even in a pack animal when you log out, once you log back in, the deed turns into "a House Placement Tool". These items cannot be transferred to or from other shards for that reason, they haven't been obtainable since pre-AoS.

Could be quite a frustrating loss.

Ludes likes this.
  14. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ok.. that is definetly in the realm of suck.....

15. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

CovenantX and G.v.P have the trick.. nuttin I can add to their advice here. just pay it up and be careful what you bank as far as really old rares and such..

Luckily you don't have to "refresh" your house anymore it'll be safe as long as your account is paid up every 89 days..

#15 Ludes, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Gidge likes this.
  16. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Unless your grandfathered ;)

17. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Grandfathered houses shouldn't need to be auto-refreshed, I think not since AoS and one-account-one-house.

18. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

19. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

When i came back after years and years all my accounts were stripped clean, bank and all. The only account that still had all my stuff was on SP. Weird eh? My guys had what they were wearing on my other accounts and that was it. Just a little side note :p

20. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nobody had access to your account? Lots of people have returned after years to find their bankboxes still intact.

21. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Not that I'm aware of :p If they did they didn't play SP lol

22. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

IIRC when you double click those placement tools that were created from deeds, the gold for the original deed gets placed in your bank. i remember getting that message from the Castle deed i had that turned into one.