1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to name runes

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by portcontrol7, Mar 22, 2009.

1. portcontrol7

portcontrol7 Guest

Just started a mage char and was curious how you name the recall runes you mark.

Thanks.

2. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Double click the rune when it is not in your runebook (in KR at least, I assume it's the same in 2D).

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes, that's exactly the way it works in 2D too.

You don't even get a message or a gump. Just type in the new name and then press enter. Then you should get: "The etching on the rune has been changed."

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

One catch though... if it is a house rune (meaning it was marked while standing inside of a house) then it is automatically named with the house name and I believe it can not be renamed.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

100% correct.

6. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

WOW - I never knew you could mark a rune while inside a house. Is this a recent change (past few years) or am I that big of a dolt? (be kind) :D

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes you can mark them in your house and it defaults it to under house sign and auto gives rune the house name

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

It's been a rune/housing rule for as long as I can remember... (Pre Custom Housing at least). But do not worry about what you never knew! There is too much here for anyone to ever learn it all... Just absorb all you can! :)

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The "House rune" permanent name marking part came about around the launch of Samurai Empire - but one could mark runes in houses prior to then, and the runes take you to the house sign, in either case. You USED to be able to mark in castle courtyards, but this was removed after people used it in Fel as a grief method.

10. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ahhh - Okay I was reading into the post as if you could now mark a rune for inside your house and that seemed cool and scary at the same time. This is still good info to know... thanks for the clarification.