1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to play UO in multi-monitors mode ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Dec 19, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've read a few times, of players playing UO over several Monitors.

Since it is my understanding that multi-monitors game play needs to be supported by the game, being UO quite an old game, I wonder, does it support multi-monitors game play ?

If not, how can one set it up so as to be playing UO with more than 1 monitor ?

I doubt that it is just about plugging more that one monitor to the back of the video card(s), they would all display the same one image and area, I would guess. The goal is to have monitors display different areas of the game though in close proximity with each other so as to enlarge considerably the viewed area of the game.

Thanks for the help !

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

on cc... you just get a whole lot of black screen.

game window stays the same

i just have it up on one screen and uoam or cart on another..

and then of course all of my hacks and mods on the third .. haha just kidding on the last! that's for stratics !!

S_S likes this.
  3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I have a couple of clients open at the same time and have each one on a separate monitor. I don't think its possible to have one client open and drag various parts onto different screens though if that's what you mean.

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You can in the EC.. set up your monitors for extended view.. then you can have the play screen on one monitor and your backpack.. paperdolls .. etc on the other

DJAd likes this.
  5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I run a laptop with an extra big monitor attached. I run EC on both screens sometimes but since they are not the same size, it can cause some adjustment errors. Just resize/drag the edge and you'll see. You'll need to adjust things a bunch. For just one classic which is my preferred over EC, I put CC on the one directly in front if me and to the left I put UOAM. I It's rare if I run two UO's for crafting or moving stuff, or rezzing myself in a tough spot, I put one on each screen.

6. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

7. Dixie of Chesapeake

Dixie of Chesapeake Journeyman

so is it perfectly legal to be on more than one uo account at one time? like to have them minied at bottom of ur screen and flip back and forth between them? id love to have a Dev answer that for me

8. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

yes as long as your actually manually playing.them

9. popps

popps Always Present

10. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You'd have to look. I bought an AMD 6970 video card a few years ago and learned of it that way. I don't know if Nvidia offers anything similar.

11. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

As I understand it, multi-clienting (running multiple clients at the same time, toggling back and forth to control them individually) is ok. Multi-boxing (running multiple clients in a way that allows one keyboard/mouse use to control them all simultaneously without toggling back and forth) is illegal.