1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to refresh an IDOC, after re-opening account?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Alyssa of ATL, Jul 5, 2009.

1. I keep finding conflicting answers to this... :(

If a house goes IDOC due to the owner's account being closed, how does the owner get the house to refresh, once the account is re-opened?

(the owner tried opening the front doors, as instructed by the Codex of Wisdom, but it's still condemned)

Thanks!!

2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

There is so many conflicts on how the housing system works.
    When you reopen an account that has a house. You refresh the house by click on the house sign it takes 24 hours to refresh.
    I found this out when I was helping a friend transfer houses from one account to another. I was on the account that was just opened I transfered the house over went over to accept the other house, and it wouldnt let me. We had to wait for so many hours before that account would be able to accept a house. I dont know if it was because the house was greatly worn when transfered, and the account had to wait for the idoc timer to run out. It took like 3 or 4 days.

3. Thank you, Lady Michelle.

I noticed this placing timer issue, as well... when the status on the house sign didn't change after I re-opened the account, I clicked a house placement tool to see if that would give the refreshment a "nudge". The placement tool then gave the message that I need to wait 72 hours before placing/receiving a house. (I haven't traded/placed a house on this account in years)

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Alyssa, there's a multi-part Q&A in the official Knowledgebase that might help a bit: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1934.

5. Well, I hate to call GMs, but I wasn't comfortable letting the house get beyond Fairly Worn, so I called a GM and it was fixed.

Hopefully uo.com will continue to get some tidying up, because I found several conflicting answers coming from official sources.

Thanks for the tips!