1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How would you get Lord title on a noob character?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Deception, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all. Basically the title says it all. I have a complete noob character, on a shard I do not play, that I need to gain enough fame on to get the Lord title. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I am able to get gold on that shard if necessary.

Thanks in advance

2. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

You could turn in some filled BODs. The rarer the BOD, the more fame you get. This way you don't even have to leave town. On the other hand, you need someone, who can provide you with filled bods...

3. Deception

Deception Sage

I could probably hire someone there. Any estimation on the number of bods needed though?

4. Deception

Deception Sage

And what if i just used non exceptional bods and filled them with npc armor?

5. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

#5 Thrakkar, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  6. Deception

Deception Sage

Thank you very much thrakkar, i will look into that. Any other suggestions people? Wonder if i could get some +magery items and ev scrolls to do it.

7. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Get enough magery to summon Earth Elementals from scrolls. Go to the Fire Temple on Fire Island in Felucca and kill demons repeatedly with 2 summoned EEs. You'll max your fame in a very short amount of time.

8. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You could always join in on boss hunts you onlu need to get looting rights to earn your fame and kama.
    Or kill the acid slugs and you dont have to get close to them you can hit them from the ledge.
    But bods is probably the easist and fastert way try and get hold of a filled bod and hand it in and see what you get fame wise and go from there.

Thunderz

9. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure on the number, or type of bods you would need to turn in.. but if you bring up your 'Loyalty Rating' context menu, 10,000 fame points gives you Lord. Can maybe do a little trial and error when turning in the bods.

10. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

I'm not sure if people would take an entirely untrained character with them to fight a boss. And if they do, that untrained character has to compete with fully trained ones to do enough damage for looting rights, assuming said untrained char can even get near enough to do the damage without ending up dead so many times he ends up with less fame than he started :)

Bods are your best bet I'd guess. Or finding someone to buddy up with you and kill daemons.

11. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

12. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

What shard?

13. Deception

Deception Sage

Im going to do this on pacific. So far seems the EE route would be best. I dont know anything about acid slugs but if thats a safe way it would be great.

14. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there the orange slim looking things when you first enter the underworld

Thunderz

15. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Get an LRC suit (should be cheap, if it just has the exceptional base resists, which puts you around 50-55 resist per stat).
    Buy 40 magery, evalint & med at haven, start the noob quests and reach 50 within minutes. (Alternatively you could create a char with 50 mage & 50 evalint, med comes from alone).
    Get a +13 mage, +13 evalint, +13 med bracelet and ring. (should also be extremely cheap). Or some additional mods like +SD, FCR, FC if you have the money.
    You should now have 76 magery & 76 evalint.
    Get a ogre slayer spellbook.
    Go to the arctic ogre lords in ice level 1. They're in a secluded space, so you don't have to worry about other mobs.
    Since they have zero or less fire resist, only cast fire spells. With your slayer book you also do the triple damage.
    They should fall like flies and give 15000 fame, the same amount as demons. They have 150-200 HP more than demons, but the missing fire resist & slayer schould compensate this easily...
    Additionally they're pure melee, so you don't have to worry about incoming damage, as long as you're at a safe distance.

BeaIank likes this.
  16. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Evil Mage Lords. If you can hit them quickly, or use summons (two earth elementals should suffice), you can get lord quickly.

#16 Viper09, Dec 30, 2012
  17. Deception

Deception Sage

Thank you all so much. Now i just need to find a helpful person on pac to get a few items made. Also if anyone has a couple mil they would give me there for gold on atl that would be amazing.

18. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I can help you out on pacific, icq me 4800901

19. Deception

Deception Sage

Thank you deaol, i will contact you as soon as i get on my comp

20. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

The easiest I've ever found to kill for HIGH fame (and a semi noob char) for some reason is the Goblin spawn down in the Abyss. They die easy to EV's, there are alot of them, you have a chance at artifacts and you can collect the blue essence used for SSI for imbuing. They can take you all the way to Lord/Lady title.

21. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

party with someone with lord/lady who kills high end fame n karma monsters. I party my Tamer to my UO hubbies black smith character, and he gains fame at sphyx, and we do the WW for karma and fame.

Zynia likes this.
  22. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

when you create your new character just put his name as Lord Bob or whatever.

23. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

Using the magery + jewelry + EV scrolls.......Use the 2 demons that are locked in the room on the 2 level of fire dungeon.

I did this with my crafter and it's easy and really no risk because u can just throw the EV's in there and close the door.

24. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Soulstone 100 magery, 100 med and 100 eval off another char. Arctic Ogre Lords will do the trick with flame strikes.

25. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That works? I had always thought that you can't put Lord in the name.

26. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I believe for a short while this was allowable, then removed. Never knew why.

27. Deception

Deception Sage

The deamon room sounds like a great idea, hard to get there in fel on a noob tho. And yeah i cant soulstone anything as i have nothing on this shard. Thanks to deaol for getting me hooked up with gear. Gonna try out some ogre lords first, then try to make my way to daemons if thats too tough.

28. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Artic Ogre Lords will do the trick. They only have melee,so just stay out of range and hit the ogres with fireball. It would be much faster if you had an ogre slayer spellbook.

#28 Hunters' Moon, Dec 30, 2012
  29. Deception

Deception Sage

I found an ogre slayer spellbook so we will do that. I only have 1/2 casting, but should be just fine with an ee tanking. Thanks everyone for the tips!

30. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Heck with an ogre slayer book, you can get to lord casting only fireballs on AOLs.

31. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

IMHO casting EE is a waste of time (or resources, if you rely on scrolls, since they're circle 8). AOLs are pretty slow and melee only. And down there is plenty of room and no other mobs, so it's pretty easy to keep them at distance...

32. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I was like about to post the same thing. Surprised you were the only one that said it, but then again I stopped after you cuz your the besttt. :)

Lady Michelle likes this.
  33. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

40-50 Taming, Animal Lore, and Vet then go get as many Polar Bears as you can control and kill Icefiends.... They do 80% Cold Damage which matches up to a Polar Bears strongest Resist. I'd suggest some Magery as well, that way you can cast Cure on the bears that get poisoned.

34. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Just plain sad on all levels

35. Thanatos

Thanatos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have to ask why there is such a rush to get the "Lord" title?