1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How's Napa doing, and UO in general?

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by Valerin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Valerin

Valerin Guest

I closed my account 2 or so years ago but do like to check in and see how things are going in the UO world. Any major changes in the past few years? Is the game (and shard) still dying? I recall it getting pretty bad when I left; castles were being sold left and right, houses were falling to the point where placing a keep was quite easy. Is it still getting worse?

I wouldnt mind coming back to the game someday, but it'd have to be a promising return; not the way the game was when I left last. Hopefully UO can make a comeback or at the very least, sustain itself...

Hope everyone is doing well,

-Valerin, Rosh, Figueroa, Katarn, etc.

2. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is next to being over.

3. Valerin

Valerin Guest

That's sad, is luna bank a ghost town now? I remember that once the chat channels were added, people stopped hanging out at lunar... is the game dying off completely or just naps?

4. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm not sure about the other shards, I'm still a napa hood. That said the latest faction change made faction PvP not worth the effort and that was the one solid glue stick holding that scene up.

5. Rogal

Rogal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The problem with Napa and UO in general is there's no reason for old times like myself to come back. Not that I'd be welcome or anything :blushing:
    The old RPers are gone as are their towns last time I looked. Big Blue is sleeping deep beneath the earth, maybe one day he'll emerge again. You never know...

6. Valerin

Valerin Guest

Considering introducing a friend to the game.. but not sure if it'd make sense to have them start on Napa or somewhere more active like Atlantic (my chars are still located on Napa if I do decide to start back up myself). Is Napa worth coming back to or should I just have them start up on Atlantic or somewhere else?

7. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It depends on what your doing. If you are looking for PVP then no napa is not were you want to start. PvM it is a good shard to play in my opinion.

As Picus pointed out the designers sure know how to screw up the game.

8. SAVATAGE

SAVATAGE Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Meep Meep.........