1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Huge problem with my Ignore list, Please Help!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rooster^^, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Rooster^^

Rooster^^ Guest

Ok so I've been playing UO since 1998, a year after it came out. I do alot of pvp but anyone who uses "trash talk" or profanity in game is instantly added to my ignore list.

This is causing a huge problem. As a pvper you ARE FORCING me to listen to these kids profanity and constant harassment IF I wish to be able to see the spells they are casting on me and see thier names... This is absolutely ridiculous. If I choose to not be harassed than UO puts me at a huge disadvantage in pvp by blocking all of the players spells and their name...

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This would take you a long time probably but you could go to the filter obscenity area and manually add any words you would like filtered out. Yeah, it ain't gonna stop all the trash talking but you can block out certain words you find offensive etc. and still be able to see when something {or what} is being cast.

3. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I think if it allowed us to use replacement words it would be better. Otherwise it looks like cartoon cursing. @#!%& and that is distracting in and of itself. When the filter is on, it blocks out a lot of normal words and I am so tired of seeing %!% and *$$ in words and items names and such. like we don't know the S=$ seriously? that kinda defeats the purpose when they make the replacement things look just like them. :blushing:

t %
    i !
    a *
    s $
    c @

If they would allow it to do "just that word" and make them all ***** and not butcher peoples text I would say filter away. Maybe make is so it doesn't filter the "words of power" <--- official definition so they can understand the lingo...

and on a side note...make them add words of power to monsters please?

If the monsters are smart enough to cast I should be able to see what they are casting by the verbiage. They are using human spell after all.

4. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

how can you be so sure they are human spells?!?!

on-topic I never noticed this and as such think they should not filter the words of power, it is ridiculous that it does since the players are not typing it.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This actually is an issue, moreso now because they have told us as part of the harassment steps to page after you put them on ignore.