1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HUGE TRANSFER BUG/DUPE HELP

Discussion in 'Fixed List' started by ShameFarmer, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay here is my story. Two weeks ago, I planned on transfering to another shard, so I acquired an Atlantic Shield to send back farmed stuff. I had two characters I planned on taking to a different shard. Which I paid SIXTY FIVE MIL PER transfer 30 minutes ago. I then double clicked a transfer token and it changed to an atlantic transfer token. I had a shard shield token in my bag when this occurred. I then was very confused, decided I'd just buy another one and maybe it was a weird display bug. I then decided to page a gm and lock down the one that got changed to the shield transfer token. I double clicked my other transfer token to transfer while I waited on a gm. The 2nd real transfer changed to a shield transfer.

I am able to use all three so they are account bound to me and not account bound to someone else so it's now "I might have accidently bought the wrong type of transfer". Now I am broke and can't transfer. Due to a bug...

I only am 2 months into 14 years and I only got the Shield two weeks ago. So it is PHYSICALLY impossible for me to own 3 shield transfer tokens. How am I supposed to get off of Atlantic if all my transfers turned into Atlantic Shard Transfer Tokens :(

The sad thing is, I can report this all to GMs, but I will not be able to have them changed back to transfers to get to another shard and I'm 130 mil out....

#1 ShameFarmer, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

im trying to figure out what your saying here.

so you purchased 2 tranfer tokens off a vender?
    while at the same time you had a ATL shard shield token in your pack?
    now all 3 are ATL shard shield tokens?

Lord Kotan likes this.
  3. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

Indeed. I bought two transfer tokens and had an atlantic shard shield token in my bag.
    Then I went to transfer using the "Transfer Token" and it changed into an Atlantic Transfer Token.

4. Voodoo Bad Mojo

that is strange.

while i transfer 4-6 times a month i can honestly say ive never had this happen or have even heard of it happening.

good luck to you though.
    im sure the reply from a GM will be "you should have purchased from Origin Store"

5. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The shield, and tokens are vet rewards that are account bound to the players account who choosed that reward just like the full vet reward soulstone. So only theese rewards only work for the the accounts they came from. Not sure maybe the the owner didn't know this, and maybe you letting them know maybe they will help you.

6. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

Yeah, I've never heard of it before either, so that's why I assumed I might have boughten an "Atlantic Shard Token" on accident. But I knew this was wrong because I could use both tokens and there were no "Atlantic Shield Transfers" on (Illegal Website Name Removed by Moderators). Even checked the vendor I bought it off of.

#6 ShameFarmer, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  7. Jillene

Jillene Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, same thing happened to me in September, I posted about it, It happened with 3 transfer tokens that I bought I know they were good, they all changed into GL shard shield tokens, I did have 1 GL shard shield token in my backpack to get back home, I was trying to transfer with a regular transfer token to a shard I did not have a shield for.

ShameFarmer likes this.
  8. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

I know they are account bound. I can use all three of them. Which doesn't make sense due to me having the shield for two weeks.

By the way for extra info, i had the deeded shield on me, an atlantic shield transfer token , and two transfer tokens.
    Transfer tokens changed to Atlantic Shield Transfer Tokens when I tried using them.

9. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

ahh ok well hope it works out for you if it was me I wouldn't waist my time on Gms with this because they can't help. I would write into support now my mind is drawing a blank on what the addy is. or you could message mesanna let her know

#9 Lady Michelle, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  10. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

Yeah, I decided to start here to get contacted to some higher-up people that can direct me or report this for me where it needs to be so I can get some help.

11. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

So, i bought two more transfer tokens by trading in a slither and an orny. I put my atlantic shield stuff into my bank. I hit my transfer and it says I need to stable my proxy. And changed into another Atlantic Transfer Shield. I HAVE FOUR ATL TRANSFER TOKENS AND MY ACCOUNT IS 2 MONTHS INTO 14 YEARS. They all work for me. The math isn't even possible for me to have four atl transfer tokens with one shield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

How am I supposed to get compensated for 240 mil?

13. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

Tried the 4th transfer token, had no atl tokens on me, no atl shields on me, put away my pet. I double click it and it says the selected shard is not available and turns into an atl token. Bye bye 240 mil. Love that my character is bugged and Idk how to get compesnated 4 transfers now.

14. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

15. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

16. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

I've had one Atlantic Shield for 2 weeks. All of these I can work. Explain

17. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

so wait, you have a vet reward shield, and its spitting out tokens, but you are only 14 MONTHS old and not years and you are complaining???

18. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Nah he said:

I only am 2 months into 14 years and I only got the Shield two weeks ago. So it is PHYSICALLY impossible for me to own 3 shield transfer tokens.

Alexander of ATL. likes this.
  19. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

20. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

oh i read it wrong.. i understand now..

he HAS a trasnfer shield, but then he also bought a real transfer token, but this token he bought wont let him take pack animals like the shield ones..

gm might help.

21. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That is one strange arsed bug..hope you can figure it out soon..but a bit if advice..stop selling items to purchase more tokens..doesn't seem logical at this point being burned numerous times. As for compensation, at best you're unbugged and sent on your merry way..good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I reported it to mesanna a few days ago I found this out as well its not a dupe its turning normal xfer tokens into the last shard shield token you use.

Lord Kotan likes this.
  23. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No.
    He is buying transfer tokens and they are turning into shield transfer tokens.

24. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I thought a shield transfer token is better than a regular transfer token. I thought you can get a shield and transfer every month.

25. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm going to move this thread to the bug forum to ensure Misk sees it. I urge everyone not to attempt to use a regular, purchased, transfer token if they have recently used a vet reward shard token.

ShameFarmer likes this.
  26. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

With a Regular Transfer Token you get to move about 890 items ,....
    1) The character that's transferring DOES NOT have to be a certain age and the clothing/armor they are wearing
    2) ...that's 125 items in your bank,
    3) 125 items on you
    4) 125 items on each of FIVE (5) pack horses ( so thats 5x 125) plus those packies come with you to your chard you transfered to

With an Account Shield Transfer Token, you MUST be at least 14 yrs old,
    1) Your 14 yrs old character that has claimed the token as their own Vet Reward transfers with the armor/clothing its wearing
    your filled bank ( mine holds 175 items now since I've upgraded as much as I can )
    Plus the 125 items on me and whatever pets I have stable ..

So the Account Transfer Tokens are nice, but as others has said they do have their limits

With your issue I would promptly contact Mesanna and see when she can help

27. skittles1337

skittles1337 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The only way to fix it is to transfer that character to another server. Then the xfers won't turn into shard shields. I had this same problem a few weeks ago.

28. ShameFarmer

ShameFarmer Journeyman

Thank you

Sorry for the confusion to everyone, it was hard to explain. But I just want my shield tokens to be changed back to transfers :(

29. Voodoo Bad Mojo

thats actually good info to know.

30. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

How would he transfer to another server when his character cannot use a transfer token without it turning into a shield token for the shard he's already on? :p

cazador likes this.
  31. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

This issue has been resolved and should no longer be ocurring. Mesanna responded to this matter in another post.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/what-has-this-in-game-help-come-to.308663/#post-2338422

You may contact her if you have any other concerns.

Thanks.

Smoot likes this.