1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Huge Update Size for TC3

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by imported_AidanM, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Well I thought I'd give game another whirl. Trying to go into TC3 and its 1196.8.MB update. I've only been gone for a few months... Is this right? -Thanks Dom

2. Guest

Guest Guest

ive had the same problem too! but then i stopped using the EA land shortcut and ust used the regular one and it was fixed

3. Couple things on this one.

The EALand install is only 3.4 MB it is so small becasue it is only the patching service. The game is 1196.8 MB. You would either download as a full install or patch to it. Either way you need about a gig. It is not related in any way to TC3.

The EALand install pulls down in a few minutes the update takes 30-120 min depending on connection speed. After you get that huge update it just patches like before which is 7-11MB on average.

This is not a problem it is by design.

Cheers

Lee

4. I have to say that installing the game from scratch is WAY easier now with this new download. I didn't have to wait all night to get into the game.

So I have to give a humble thanks to Lee.

Now if people signing up for new accounts could get their activation code quicker and easier, we'll be all set for the mass entrance of a lot of new players. [​IMG]

5. TSO_Vortex

TSO_Vortex Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Now if people signing up for new accounts could get their activation code quicker and easier, we'll be all set for the mass entrance of a lot of new players. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right! I've never encountered such a convoluted procedure.

And isn't it about time the website was updated?

6. Yes we are working on that uhhh hmmm "procedure" [​IMG]. It really is for
    the "commited".

It will get better in several weeks.

Lee

7. Well I got it to work... it about and 40 minutes. Thanks for your help [​IMG]