1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Human made gm items will always be 2 props...

Discussion in 'Craftsman's Data Chest' started by aoLOLita, Sep 9, 2009.

1. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 4, 2008
    I was making gm daggers for my Imbuer to train on then noticed they were all 40 Di and hence 2/5 props for Imbue purposes, which skewed the training table I was following (Petra's & Scan's). After finishing off original batch, I soulstoned armslore and then made another 100 Gm daggers to imbue.

Halfway through, I noticed they were all 36% DI and thus 2/5 props for Imbuing. Scratched my head-checked Smith again - ) arms lore - and arrow turned down...

Then it hit me - JOAT!! Eveything "blank" I make with human crafter will be starting off with 1/5 prop :( Good thing my Carp/Tailor/fletcher is elf.
  2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    your logic is correct here, but i think your forgetting that Any exceptional item has a base damage increase of 35, arms lore ads 1di per 20 skill, so humans with 0 arms lore (joat being 20) will still have 36di.
  3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    The arms lore bonus only gets added to exceptional quality items. Since any exceptional quality item always get the DI property (as Smoot pointed out), they will always have one property. This is regardless of the race of the crafter.

If you imbue DI on these items, it will show as 1/5 properties, since DI is the existing property. You can also use normal quality items for training, since they do not have any properties.

Stayin Alive,

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    And, for the life of me, I can't figure out how having the DI on the items would be a bad thing for training.

Difficulty is based on total weight, and any free property to increase the difficulty is a bonus. That's the whole reason behind using exceptional plate jingasa for the higher level training.

And, one doesn't need be imbuing to gain skill at skill levels below 70, anyway. You need to be unraveling loot and runic rejects, below that skill level, and be moving to doing the Jingasa method in the 70s, when the unraveling gains slowed. Imbuing Daggers aren't even part of the equation anymore.

Petra's guide was unstickied from being obselete a month ago, replaced with a much less regimented guide.

5. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 19, 2003
    exceptional weapons will always have di as one stat :)