1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Human vs Elf

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tuan, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Nov 2, 2013
    So I am in the process of building myself one of these new reforged suits of studded leather. My current suit is from way back, and although it is OK, it leaves a bit to be desired.

I am reading through peoples posts, and it seems like many of you are saying that you have ~80 mana.

Does this mean you're elves?

Seems to me like if I have 255 stats and I do 120/125/10 then even with a tangle, +40 mana imbued onto my suit (I have the glasses for HLD) then I am topped out at 60 mana. I guess I could then put 15 more on jewels to round out to 75, but I was hoping to use my jewels for mostly skill points.

Which is "better" the human bonus from JOAT or the 20 mana for being an elf?

My skills currently are:
    necro (vamp form for HLL)

Also, it is unclear to me if the JOAT bonus for Bushido comes into play for things like change to parry/block (I wear a shield).
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Oct 21, 2010

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 2, 2008
    Basically, unless you need any of those JOAT skills, go elf for the extra mana.
    I like the extra 2 SR/1mr, from focus, hiding skill, tracking and the 2mr from medi.
    Some of the spellweaving spells can prove usefull at 20.
    I used to summon those angry things (forgot their name) in guarding room in doom, to summon more guardians. You will fail alot, but then again its free :)

There are boots with int also, they can boost youre mana a bit.
    I made a metal suit for my sampire, the stanima prevention is darn nice, also the 45LMC is handy :)
  4. Moldy Fishmonger

Moldy Fishmonger Adventurer

Sep 10, 2013
    I generally prefer Elves for my sampire builds. Though as previously stated, it is all personal preference.
    NuSair likes this.
  5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 8, 2011
    Melee char usually need 120-130 STR and 120-130 DEX. Against tough monsters he/she can use potions to get 150 STR/DEX.
    Glasses, quiver and crimson give you 10 STR and 15 DEX. So you can have 110 STR, 110 DEX, 35 INT (40 INT with a valliant scroll).

My invasion archer has 130 STR (140 HP), 140 DEX (183 Stam) and 34 INT (74 Mana) without potions.

Elf can use woodland armor.

Human can:
    - carry more weight
    - use JOAT spellweaving to get 5.5 hp per sec
    - use JOAT necromancy for Wraith Form to get additional 40 HML.
    - 5% DI with axes from Lumberjacking
    - 2 SR 1 MR from Focus
    - use JOAT magery for low level spells (nightsight, protection, etc)
    - use JOAT tracking, hiding, etc.