1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hunger pains ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Dec 17, 2012.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

So with 120 disco/provo/peace/music, disco mastery selected, and a slayer instrument, I failed disco 32 straight times on a mob, until I ate a bite of food. The message was, "you eat the food but are still extremely hungry". But i succeeded on the next attempt. I don't remember seeing this in the latest patch notes.

old gypsy likes this.
  2. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Been a myth about eating in the game a long time. Why when my Ibuer fails 20 times at a 25% I carry food to eat. Sometimes I just recall to my house (crossing server lines) and return and imbue the first try. Use the same eat or recall when enhance fails/wiff string along to long. And yes my 4x120 bard carries a Horn of Cornucopia.

old gypsy likes this.
  3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The worst is on Melee swords. You can eat till your 'stuffed' but after about 2 mins whacking monsters your 'extreamly hungry' again and hit chance is down to like 10%

old gypsy likes this.
  4. Blood Ghoul

At the birthday party Mesanna shook her head in agreement that food/hunger has no impact. But on my bard I have also noticed that if I am "full" I fail less often. /shrug

BG

old gypsy likes this.
  5. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The whole food thing is a myth/urban legend.

6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Well, it may be a myth, but I've been playing for many years now and I tend to agree with the OP in that it does seem to make a difference. Of course, I'm naturally biased, as my favorite characters in UO are my chefs (who can usually be found in the unemployment line). :)

Seriously, whether or not eating is helpful in UO, it most definitely should be!

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Yeah, I'm aware of the old myth. This is new though, and I firmly believe they either put it in intentionally, or broke something during the last publish.