1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hunting feedback

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Raúl, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Raúl

Raúl Visitor

OK I admit it, I'm excited about hunting animals instead of monsters for a change. So I'm up at server up trying out the new patch and hunting for my grizzly bear trophy. Except pretty much everything I kill gets a message saying "That is not a valid kill" when I try to use the Hunting Permit on it. I'm pretty sure this is not me being dumb, but then it is stupid o'clock in the morning, so anything's possible. Anybody else got results like the below screenshot??

View attachment 25778

Captn Norrington likes this.
  2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Hmm, that's strange, might want to ask a developer about that.

3. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

There is a chance that as the world is populated with animals you can hunt, you may encounter animals of the proper species you cannot. As these animals are removed from the world and respawn, this issue will be resolved.

Rieley, Storm and Captn Norrington like this.
  4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had the same happen ("This is not a valid kill", and also "an unknown location" on a trophy from a kill near Trinsic.

6. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

We had the same on Origin at start - but after a while, as Kyronix said when they respawn that message dissapear.

Happy hunting :D

7. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ah yes, a trash box near the Huntmaster/in the Ranger's Guild would be really nifty (like it had one on TC)... thanks!

Rieley and Captn Norrington like this.
  8. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if this is the right place, but the permits are way too expencive.
    1k would have been ok, 5k is a bit too much.

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I thought so too at first because I am not a rich person lol but if you just take some time out of your day to go slay dragons or blood ellies or something you can quickly make plenty of gold to compensate.

Just don't do like I did and blow through a million gold in 30 minutes :/ Gotta go slay a LOT of dragons now :)