1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Hunting Ore Elementals?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Silverbird, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just tried to hunt some of those elementals (after pub 64). While they had a good chance to give crystalline blackrock, I now havent got any from them. Anyone knows, if crystalline br got removed from their loot or the chances for it only got lowered or if I had only bad luck?
    (I tried for about 5 shovels. Before the publish about every third elemental gave br).

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Probably just bad luck.

3. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I haven't gone Ore Elemental hunting within the last week, but in the past a trip with 4 garg picks would get me somewhere between 1-8 crystalline blackrocks.

4. It definitely did not get removed. I got one from copper ore el this morning.

5. Thadagaron

Thadagaron Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

i agree i did some ore elementals with a friend just last night and we got on average 1 of them to every 3 ore elementals.Seems you have just had a run of bad rng.

6. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Allso dont forget that the higher the elemental type the higher the drop chanse.
    Its wise to bring a prspectors tool as well.

7. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I got 3-4 of the crystalline blackrock this weekend, which is around my norm given that I only did short bursts of mining.

8. Go do dull copper elems in shame. Probably one in 30-50 have blackrock. Might be faster than mining them up

9. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Not really. I use my Gargoyle pickaxes in Ter Mur and go for just golden elementals and up. I get many each trip from the monster and also a load from the mining as well.

Best hit I had was getting two valorite elementals from the same vein :)