1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Provocation] Hunting with a bard....

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by QII, Sep 7, 2012.

1. QII

QII Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 5, 2003
    Hi Everyone, I have a few questions I need a hand with. I am just about done training my bard and have done some hunting with him and am looking forward to doing a lot more....

1. Should I bring pets with me, like golems and/or vollems?? Any advice would be appreciated, things like when to use them and where to get them??

2. Where should I do this hunting??

Basically, I am looking for any advice....a lot has changed and I am still getting to know the game again...

2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
    id just start off with summons like EVs and such.
    get use to them, then you can get into the other stuff like Vollums and all that other stuff.
    and id only get into vollums if i had the bonded ones, not the tinker ones.
    they die too easy.
  3. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Jan 9, 2009
    Not sure what template you are using but my pure bard manages pretty well on Level 3 Shame.
    I typically have both peace spellsongs up full time, and farm by provoing the wind elementals beside the mage spawn. I typically carry 5-10 greater heals and 5 cures, but other than my suit and instrument thats all I carry. You have to stay on your toes but I find it to be a nice location, and I get decent drops as well.
    ( I dont have magery so its all bard action)
    #3 Logrus, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Pure Bard with Magery summons definitely is good enough and allow you to be mobile and not have to worry about dead pets.

With peace mastery songs, summoned earth elementals can do pretty well especially when your target is discorded.