1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I am SO DUMB! Any animal lore training advice?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Sarsmi, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I was going to do some level 6 T chests with a friend and used my soulstone to add carto first instead of taking off another skill. Argh! I lost all of my animal lore and 3.7 in lockpicking. I did buy an alacrity scroll for LP so hopefully I can GGS my way to GM in under a week, but animal lore is a different matter. I can't even stable my giant blue beetle because I don't have enough slots in the stables, so I'm stuck with him till I can get back up to GM.

I do vaguely remember there was a method of using vet to gain in lore by standing in one spot then locking it...or something. Maybe it was the other way around. I haven't trained these skills in years. Anyone have some good advice? I need to cram as much training as I can in today, since I'll only be logging the character in once a day for a minute at a time till I get my LP back to GM.

2. LittleSkyWalker

LittleSkyWalker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

you have other soulstone? if you still have empty character slot you may create another char with taming and lore and transfer the lore to soulstone while transfer back to your tamer... may work but never try before..

3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Stone off your vet

now your vet adn lore will be 0

ok now go grab a horse or a pet that will take damage and not die.

I get a horse and work them up until they can survive against a orger.

Now go beat on the orger with vet and lore turned up, they will fly up fast.

Once you get a vet and lore gain simultaneously lock vet real before the next gain. Now all your gains in both vet and lore will go straight to lore.

You can GM - Legendary in 2 - 3 hours.

Rem to pick a pet and a target that will dmage the pet and have enought vet to keep it alive with the minimal vet you will haev

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Boring, but if you set a use skill macro and target last you can stand at the bank with a pet and just lore it. Should gain fairly quickly.

Even better, you can do the above but in twisted weald under discord.

There is something about vet and lore not sure how high vet youd need to have for it to be effective.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do this and after you bandy one of the pets lore them... it will go very fast.

6. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Also you should be able to "jewel-up" to get back into your stable.

7. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sarsmi are you talking about the Boat/polarbear bug?
    I dont know if im allowed to talk about it since its probably considerd a bug. im not even certain f it still works.

Anyway if you use that bug you will be legendary again in notime. if you have an alacrity scroll you probably can do 0-120 in 15min.