1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

I can reach it to skin it....but not loot it?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I have been in Shame level 2 farming sea monsters for the leather,and one problem has kept occuring. The sea monster would die right next to the shore and I would skin it and that would move it a tile away from me. This would make it out of reach,and prevents me from looting it.This occurs 30-40% of the time.

I would ask that the devs to look into this,but in the meantime,is there anything I can do on my end to skin it to where it does not move away from me and thus make it unlootable?
  2. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 26, 2004
    You could loot it of treasure 1st, then use a butchers war cleaver (or the harverster blade as well) on it. The leather will get cut up and placed in your pack. You still will not be able to the scales though.
  3. Alright thanks for the tip there...I forgot about the butchers cleaver.
  4. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Sometimes if you are standing right next to a corpse, it will tell you "can't reach", but you can.
    An easy fix is to make a "Last Object" macro for opening the corpse. works like a charm
  5. So I just dbl click and get the "can't reach" message and then hit "last object"? Nice I'll have to try that.
  6. The "last object" macro doesn't work for me. I still get the message "I can't reach that"
  7. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Apr 29, 2004
    Occasionally I could cast telekinesis to get to those pesky corpses, but i havent tried it in a while.
  8. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

Im pretty sure the harvesters blade not only gives you a 10% increase in materials harvested... but it also cuts the leather for you, and it puts everything directly into your pack, so you dont have to worry about reaching the corpse after you skin it. You might want to give it a try.
  9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003

BWC: Leather only, at racial numbers (human bonus is 1 for every 10 leather, or fraction of 10, so a 12 leather item for an elf or gargoyle gives 14 to a human)

Harvester's Blade: Gives leather, scales, meat(ribs, birds, etc), blood, fur, feathers. Bonus is as the human bonus, but for ALL items - and it is cumulative with the human bonus in a REALLY odd way. (a 10 leather item gives a human 11; then, the HB bonus adds TWO more, as it uses the 11 for human as a base for adding 1 per 10, instead of doubling the bonus. This means that humans get a +30% bonus, not +20, from things that give exactly 10 leather to other races without a HB - such as slith).
  10. another option might be to bring a boat and place it or move it next to the corpse then loot although you may have to open and walk out on the gangplank inorder to loot it.
  11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    boats cant be placed in dungeons! unless they have changed it recently
  12. Maybe that just shows how long ago I have tried to place one since you used to be able to do that before they made it illegal. :)
  13. Yep I already tried that.That would be awsome though if we could. Could have a 'base' inside of a dungeon.