1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I can still use anatomy?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mspossi, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, I wonder if it has utility anatomy, I returned to the game for two years, after a long time without playing, and at that time (2005) was considered a useless ability, today I still have doubts about whether it really is worth spending precious points of ability with this skill?:(

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hmm, well I never considered it to be useless, as it is a requirement to be able to cure or resurrect with bandages.
    To the best of my knowledge the information at the top of this page is still valid

UO Stratics *New* | Anatomy

mspossi likes this.
  3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It also affects the melee and archery/throwing damage that you do.

mspossi, Arrgh and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Anyone who ever thought anatomy was useless has never played a weapon-using character. Even mages get an average of anatomy & eval int as a defacto defense-only wrestling skill for reducing hits on them, when holding a spellbook, and many (if not most) spellcasters these days have at least one Mage Weapon, that the anatomy skill can boost the base damage up to 65% (120 skill; it's skill/2, +5% at GM or higher).

Were the persons making that ludicrous claim ones that only played stay-at-home crafters, merchants, bards & tamers? Those are the only ones where Anatomy wouldn't have a use.

mspossi likes this.
  5. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Yeah, no one has ever claimed anatomy to be useless

6. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

was considered a useless skill, not for me at the time, I was (and still am) a newbie, and was what the veterans of that time said. :cool:

7. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:) I did not know this, thanks! :thumbsup:

8. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbup: I have yes, melee char, just had no idea that, because it seems to not make a difference in a standard attack with it, and do the same attack without, I will do other tests per hour thanks to all.

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

anat on a dexxer is a pretty significant damage bonus, 65% at 120 skill, if you're running around on a dexxer without it you're doing almost half the damage you could be doing. you won't notice the difference much if your attack is weak to begin with though.

i've heard some crazy things throughout the years though, people used to all the time call tactics a useless skill (and i'm talking even recently too), saying all it does is give you the ability to use specials. Other personal favorites is "being full increases chance to cast spells" and "all you need is a slayer to hit max damage"

10. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think weapon skill and tactics needs to be looked at in PVM. At 120 fencing and 115 tactics, i don't see why i miss so much. Also with 100 parry and bushido, i seem to get hit way too often. Its like i worked to hard to build up this template and the monsters seem to be able to break the rules of combat.

11. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

you seem to have the same problem I have in my char Sampiro, I have discovered this, but no spell resist, not any good then you need to sacrifice something to have at least 100 spell resist, I believe it will have to skill sacrificing health, this makes Sampiro more dependent on the speed of the weapon, and also potions, this was my experience has only one problem with it this char becomes an easy target for pkillers was what I discovered the hard way; ... being killed several times by the same player. :arr:

12. mspossi

mspossi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I do not like to be bothering you, but this should work with monsters, and to defend myself against this setting gives pkiller right?.:sword:

13. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It all depends on what your trying to do with a character. Anatomy is not a useless skill but it is not needed even for every dexxer temp. I know plenty of sampires that are not running anatomy, but that does reduce the damage output that your doing. Of course thats life with UO. No temp has everything there are always trade offs. In sitting and thinking for longer I also believe that anatomy determines the effectiveness of the mysticism spell animate weapon as well.

14. Anatomy is still one of the best skills to redistribute stat points for INT/STR. I used it just yesterday to bump up INT after adding new equipment, and it took only a few minutes to adjust +12 INT through active use on my swampy.