1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I can't transfer a nightmare to a non tamer?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Miriandel, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My wife loves nightmares, she got her first back in '99 or something, so coming back to the game I tamed her one.

But I can't transfer it because it won't obey the commands, what gives?

Are pets now plain impossible to transfer to non tamers, or should she meet some special requirements for a transfer to be successfull?

Thanx

2. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

She will need a taming and lore level suitable for the pet being transferred. You can look in the taming section on Stratics to find the level necessary, I'm PURELY guessing here, but I would suspect 90ish of each for a mare. There are only a few pets that can be transferred to players with no taming/lore skill. They include horses, llamas, swamp dragons, ostards, dogs, cats, and small vermin. I'm sure I missed some, but those would be the basic ones.

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Aibal is correct, you will need to have the Animal Taming and Animal Lore skills around the pet's minimum requirements to receive the pet.

Additional pets (to Aibal's list) that can be transfered at 0 skill include giant beetles and fire beetles.

Stayin Alive,

BG

4. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ah well then, they changed it :bored:

Thanx folks

5. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Buy her Taming to 35, Train to 57, then get +5 Birds of Brit Tally, +15 Ring, +15 Bracelet

Transfer the pet to her, have her feed it...then you can take all the junk off and set the skill down. Just dont give the horse any commands, if you want it to kill something, cast invis on yourself and let it auto attack, then when creature is dead feed and remount.