1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I fought some demons at demon temple, fire island fel - now im VvV???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mandrake of DF, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have only played this toon a few hrs the last days, and i just went to demon temple to fight some demons (fire isle).

And - now im tagged as VvV??? (at Orign)

I have not entered any fel cities the last couple of days...

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering about that, it seems all the old faction monsters (Daemons, Wisps, Ogre lords, & Silver Serpents) are still unable to be provoked on each other, so they seem to still be in faction, which must have carried over to VvV now that factions no longer exist... So, healing or attacking one of those mobs causes you to gain the aggressor flag for VvV... interesting. :devil:

azmodanb likes this.
  3. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It seems like u get flagged for VVV, if u heal someone in fel..regardless if they are in a city or not.
    I was attending to a corgul, using a none-guilded char..and if i healed one of my friends whom was in VvV i got flagged as VVV..

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i did accidently invis a demon instead of myself

5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

just logged onto Origin and went with a guild mate to fire temple.
    we killed demons, nothing.
    i healed demons, nothing.
    i invised demons, nothing.

so i cant replicate what you had happen.

6. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How does one can tell if oneself is orange tagged ?

Does it say anywhere left or right clicking on the character or the only way to tell is when someone else attacks and kills the non-VvV character ?

If so, there should DEFINATELY be a way that one is able to tell whether one is showing orange to others or not....

Unwanted pkilling in Ultima Online is BAD, we already have been through that and I would hate this orange tagging thing resulting in more players leaving the game......

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I'm in VvV and a non VvV did heal me yesterday. He did not become orange, so I think healing only flag you orange in battle towns and if the VvV is fighting other VvV. Attacking a VvV do flag you.

8. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Killed daemons at the temple in Fel and could not replicate. Even rode an old TB horse for good measure.

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

While I can't speak for this particular issue, if you look at this post:

http://community.stratics.com/threads/pvp-in-vvv-ruined-by-thieves.323361/#post-2446759

you'll see articulated the reasoning behind the current flagging rules.

Here's a quote: "I'm not sure why a non PvP participating player would even bother with fel content to be honest... But that is a totally separate discussion. There is plenty of non PvP based content in this game... Please don't give the traders quest in fel as an excuse."

The team agreed and thus many otherwise innocent Fel behaviors, such as just being in certain places, flags you in the new system.

I make no statement about if I agree or not.

-Galen's player

10. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i got orange by casting remove curse on a guild m8, who was fighting another VvV guy.. 1 screen away from yew mg, i can dig more into it, when time permits :)

11. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This also happened to me at a champ spawn in fel on Friday I am not in a guild but was crosshealing with A VvV person and turned orange. Tried killing myself with poison, no joy. A few greater explosions and I am back to blue.

12. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hold it.

Killing oneself removes the orange labelling ?

That is, there is no need for an orange labelled non-VvV character to get killed by a VvV character (or wait 8 hours...) ?

It is possible to remove it on one's own just self killing oneself ?

If so, that's at least a way out of the problem, odd, weird, but at least a way out.......

13. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I know you're just passing on the quote, but I'll point out again: bribing.

14. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it is a weird way but does seem to be the case. I first heard it last week in General Chat from Bupu and Jobi that killing yourself was a way to remove the orange. Apparently drinking greater poison doesn't count as killing yourself, but setting off greater explosion potions in your backpack does.

side notes: Dieing to the spawn didn't get rid of the orange. I am not sure about the 8 hour statement as I turned orange at around 7:30 am and killed self around 4:30 pm after being logged out for about 6.5 hours.