1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] I found an Angelica Rose!!! Thank you!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Dr. Angel, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Dr. Angel

Dr. Angel Journeyman

Please ICQ or PM me if you have a Whispering Rose from Angelica. I will pay 75 million! I can pick up any shard. Gold is on Atlantic.

#1 Dr. Angel, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

LOL I am looking working on last few chests now... I have an Angela so far.

3. Alexander of ATL.

Alexander of ATL. Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
    Stratics Veteran

Any walking dead characters!!! ;)

4. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not to hijack the thread but as soon as I am done with the spreadsheet I will post it online so you can look through it. I have over 3k roses cataloged so far and many many many more to go.

#4 Kahlan, Jul 27, 2013
    Flutter likes this.
  5. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I have a whispering rose with that name on Napa I would sell you. PM me and we can work out the deal.

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Since this post I have received some additional interest in the rose. To be fair I will open a new auction thread.

7. Dr. Angel

Dr. Angel Journeyman

Thank you so much Kahlan! You are an amazing friend! I finally got my rose!!!! It is a beautiful day!

8. Masteryoda2

Masteryoda2 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Woot! Glad we where able to get one :)

9. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ohhhh, starts saving her gold pieces. :):):):)

And glad you got your rose Angel :)

#9 Schatzi, Jul 27, 2013
  10. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Dear Merus, as Angelica actually owns the name of which she seeks, and it is possible that those who have extra interest are doing it with not the best intentions, and she is already offering more than a whispering rose is actually worth I implore you to reconsider an auction.

Masteryoda2 and Flutter like this.
  11. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree with Decadence. I found the mention of an auction rather unseemly since the original person was willing to pay so much over value for the rose.
    Usually if I find a users name on a rose I return it to them free of charge. Not saying anyone else should, just what I do. Since Angelica is a rather "common" UO name I understand the charge since there may be many this person would like to collect, but forcing an auction isn't the best trade practice IMHO.

12. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

IMO an auction is the only really fair way to offer something that many people have expressed an interest in. While some may think that having a character by the name of the rose should automatically qualify someone to be considered special, I disagree.

People want certain rose names for many different reasons. Me personally, the rose I would pay the most for is not named after any of my characters, past or present. I will not pass judgment regarding someone else's reason for bidding on an item. If you believe they are bidding out of spite to someone else, I suggest you take that up with them. As an impartial party to the item being sold, an auction is the only way for me to offer it fairly to anyone who has an interest.

Zhuge and LordPhantom like this.
  13. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Actually the auction was an attempt to make it fair for everyone. I had more than one offer to substantially increase the amount that was offered by Angelica to do it as a buyout on the spot, before I even posted it as an auction. Had I just been interested in take the gold and running, I would have accepted one of those bids and moved on. Those who conversed with me, whether they agree with the auction process or not, should be able to tell you that without knowing anyone's intentions for the rose I refused all buyout options and referred them to the auction so that it was fair to everyone.

14. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

I understand, I just have to say that at least one of the people who placed a bid on that rose "hates" Angelica, I doubt that he wants the rose to display it lovingly at his house because it brings fond memories.

And she did post first that she was actively looking for her own Rose's flower name. IMO fairness is for the person actively looking if its their own name.

#14 Decadence, Jul 27, 2013
    Masteryoda2 and Dr. Angel like this.
  15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I understand trying to be fair. Fortunately (and hopefully) since Angelica got the named rose already this point is moot.

16. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

I appreciate your concern for someone who would seem to be your friend. As someone who does not know any of those who were involved with the bidding, I treated them all equally, just as I would have with any other item. I maintain that the auction process was/is a fair way to offer an item that many expressed an interest in. IMO,
    if those who are bidding have issues with each other, as long as everyone is treated equally by the seller, then those issues are between the bidders.

17. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

She may be a friend of mine, but I am also a reputable broker that tries to see things in fairness and with as much neutrality as possible, that is why I implore you to reconsider with my knowledge on the issue, and my judgement of what is fair.

I might add that I am a big proponent of what is best for the community, I have said what I have to say though, and you are ultimately the seller.

#17 Decadence, Jul 27, 2013
    Masteryoda2 likes this.
  18. Dr. Angel

Dr. Angel Journeyman

Decadence, I appreciate your kind words and having a keen sense of what is REALLY going on. I have my Angelica rose and appreciate those who helped me get it today. For those who continue to create havoc and chaos for me....I leave you with this. I have left you alone. Your attempts to get me to quit and leave the Atlantic shard are sad and pathetic. There is room for every player who wants to play this game. I encourage you to move on with your life and leave me alone as I have done with you.

Promathia, Masteryoda2 and Flutter like this.