1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] I got a frost tree!!!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Sarsmi, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I've marked up a book of 16 trees that gave lots of wood, in fel. I try to go through the book once a day. The first run through gave me 374 frost logs. I honestly never thought I would hit a frost tree, so crazy!. :p

2. Millie

Millie Guest

I must not have the find Gean. I jacked most of the day Friday, for ash wood and all I found was normal, oak and one yeaw tree. lol

and by the way Love you Sig.

3. catship

catship Guest

i got a frost and a heartwood i'v been hiting 2 or 3 times a day
    the frost will give 60, but i only take 40, so it don't change
    same with the heartwood, will give 120, i take 100
    been like this for 2 wks now

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Catship, according to Draconi, even taking 10, triggers the chance for the tree to change. That it's not changed yet is luck, not "leaving some in the tree".

5. catship

catship Guest

Basara, now why did you tell me that
    and i thought i found a way to beat the sys

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is the big deal on frost wood? I have lots of it and its pretty much worthless I use it for library turn ins mainly and keep about 1000 on hand for the rare item I want to mod

7. OriginsSyn

OriginsSyn Guest

For those that can't find it regularly, it's not worthless at all. If you're so burdened with it spread it around :D Many people would love to find a frost tree.

@OP: Grats!

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The main reason why wood got nerfed WAS Frostwood - it's worth 48 points a board at the Vesper Museum Collection, and at one of the NPCs at the Britain Library collection. When the trees weren't random, most of the Frostwood trees were locked up by unattended macroers (unless you could beat them back to the respawn) who were using the wood to get mass quantities of Library talismans and the high-end Museum Replicas (which they sold for gold or RL money).

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The frost tree only lasted a couple days, I think maybe someone else found it or I just got unlucky with a quick turn over, I maybe chopped it ten times. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted!

10. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Lucky.I hadn't found a frostwood tree since the change and 2 nights ago I was hiting around a few trees and saw the message you "you chop some frostwood logs and put them in your pack" and I was like WOO HOO, Until I saw how many logs I got. I got 10 logs total and the tree changed to oak the next time it refreshed.:sad3::(

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

oooh, that sucks! :(

12. catship

catship Guest

i'm still getting frostwood and heartwood out of my 2 trees
    still at 40 and 100