1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I got an ICQ from odin of Europa:

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Minerva Foxglove, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

Merlin ‎(10:12):
    can u do me a favour please? i've written something to post on stratics to try get some help .. but as i can't load stratics i can't post it, can u post it for me please?
    mim ‎(10:13):
    ok
    Merlin ‎(10:13):
    I'm having problems connecting to two servers, Europa and Drachenfels.

I can login to all the other shards, but when I try to login to Europa and Drachs, it gets stuck on the 'Connecting...' for a minute (yes I've timed it), and then I get the message

"The client could not attach to the game server. It must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again."

However, if I click on the client during the minute that its stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, the client comes up as (Not Responding), then when the minute is up, it shows the same message about not being able to attach to the game server.

I've tried closing and reloading UO and restarting my PC and its still doing it.

Has anyone else had this problem? And have you been able to sort it out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    ow and can u mention that i also can't load stratics atm too please

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

sounds like a routing problem to my un-tutored brain. Has he tried a route trace?

3. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Finally I can get on! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting for me Mim :heart:

I don't know what the problem was, but I left Avast to run a scan, just in case, while I went to do some other stuff. Come back 1 hour 30 mins later scan done, found nothing and I can login Europa and Drachs and load Stratics.

Petra - No I didn't try a trace route, I was thinking of it, but I don't know how to do it :blushing: Any info so I can try next time please?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. King Frankie

King Frankie Guest

fyi you prob had DNS problems wich means you can only surf against ip adresses icq uses ip adresses websites and uo dont so thereby i think you had a DNS problem and that is your ISPs fault im afraid.