1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] I gots a complaint!

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Petra Fyde, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This forum is not nub-friendly! :dunce:

Questions:
    What is a 'texture pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like? Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

What is an 'icon pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like?
    Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

I realise you probably answered all these questions way back when people first started modding, but they aren't answered in the stickies and for anyone just starting to use the client, it's like coming into a movie half way through and trying to understand the plot.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The texture packs are package containing just new skin for EC. The one that you can download from my website can be installed directly into my UI folder by replacing file. In alternative you can use the "-txpack=<TEXTURENAME>" as parameter on my UI Patcher to automatically install a Texture Pack and keep it updated :p

The Icon Pack is just a set of icons that will replace the default ones. Like the texture packs, the ones available in my website are compatible with my UI.
    To install an icon pack just extract into the UI folder and replace when asked :)

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

As Pinco said, a "Texture Pack" is a "UI Skin" that only replaces the look of a UI.

A UI mod/package (such as Pinco's) is a full UI system that replaces the default UI by changing current features and adding new ones.

An Icon pack is a set of player made icons that include and add on to the default icons in the client.

For Pinco's UI, I have created (or modified) two main texture packs: Copper and Third Dawn both downloadable at Pinco's site.

Icon packs I have done are Third Dawn Icons and Dermott's Icons (Third Dawn are also part of the Third Dawn Texture Pack and Dermott's are part of Copper) again at Pinco's site.

4. Petra Fyde

But what do they look like??

I keep following links to try to see what I'm downloading and all I find is
    Screen shots on here aren't much help because people have one texture pack with a different icon pack and some default bits and how does a novice tell which bits are what?

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<--- is working on it

6. Petra Fyde

Thank you muchly, that was very helpful.
    Contrary as always I ended up with Nalif's and then went and messed it about a bit. There are some icons missing :( I'd quite like to have a try at filling in the gaps, but I'm not sure how to make the ones with text on when I haven't got the ultima online classic font installed on the pc. Nor can I find anywhere to download it to install it :(

This is what I have now:

[​IMG]

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you can try to contact nalif in order to ask if intend to make the new icons OR if you want to make them, you can find the font in the "fonts" folder of my UI ;)

8. Petra Fyde

Thank you. I'd like to have a try at doing it myself. Can you spot the odd one out that I made myself in the piccie? :D

9. Petra Fyde

I tweaked a bit, and filled in the gaps, and is there a way to add icons? I made a few of my own, I didn't know how to add them in, so I overwrote some of the numbers. I don't need 29 numbers :D

[​IMG]

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

add icons requires the editing of some scripts and it's not so quick :p

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

This is what I am doing also

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

What scripts in particular ?

13. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

icons.xml
    extraicons.lua

but the patcher will replace them in case of updates so does really worth doing it?

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Not at the moment Pinco I have enough going on :) for now i will just use the 1 to 29 numbers :)

15. Petra Fyde

16. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I will add your modded package to the download area, if you need more icons just ask so I'll put them available for everyone (for the happyness of dermott) ;)

17. Petra Fyde

After a bit of gentle arm-twisting from one of the Stratics mods I've had a try at making some supplemental icons for the Decors set.
    If anyone fancies being guinea pig and trying them out you'll find them here:
    http://uo.stratics.com/tools/DecorsSupplemental.zip

Pinco, the package I put up only includes the missing items, not the full icon pack. It's a supplement for someone who already has the main pack.

18. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

well since nalif seems not updating it anymore I've added the package with your addition to the download area in this manner now is complete :p

19. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

about the decors addtions...
    the style match very well with the orginal decor's ones, good work! :)

20. Petra Fyde

I have to admit I got hooked, I found creating them very absorbing. I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to try to make a full set of my own. Perhaps it's a good job I don't have the technical knowhow to do textures rolleyes:

21. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you just gave me an idea... :D

will requires lot of work, but will allow to make texture packs by only changing the images :p

22. Petra Fyde

I decided I maybe should make a screenshot, and in doing so found I'd screwed up. 4 files are in the wrong folder, one has an incorrect name and 2 rune locations were missing. I've put all those right and re-uploaded. I also seem to have missed an entire section (slayer instruments), but I've not had time to address that yet. Here's the screenie:
    [​IMG]

23. Petra Fyde

I *think* I've finally achieved an enhanced Nalif's icon set I really like.
    This is what my icons look like [​IMG] and here's the download if you like them http://uo.stratics.com/tools/Icons.zip