1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

i hate the new idoc changes!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dixie chessy/legends, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Dixie chessy/legends

title says it all....hate...hate...hate ...the new changes.............not only can i not see what it is im trying to loot, but the timer is buggy as all get out.....the grubbers are stupid! stupid i tell ya...half the time they dont have thing on them.....and you cant pick up to much loot at one time.........................tell me what happends when a loaded castle falls and your the only one there? when ur trying to loot and big red letters pop up...you must wait!. well ya cant wait to long cause u got 40 minutes before the stuff decays.........i just hate everything about it "except the young toon part" you Devs messed up when you started listening to people who started their complaints with , I dont idoc much, but....... this is the reason you guys lose players, u wanna know about an aspect of the game , well then get on there and talk to your player base. not the same group of people who whine about literally everything they can on stratics. and yes i know that includes me right now, but i dont complain about much. and i dont toss my 2c's in on stuff i dont know a thing about. but idocs i do know, and u know one thing yall messed this up, badly!

2. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Then it is gone. End of story. What's the big deal?

3. Dixie chessy/legends

the big deal is everyone has something in this game they like to do....i like to idoc.... same as some people like to pvp, and some people like to craft........so to me the stuff i just sit at a 10 hour idoc for poofing on the ground is a big damn deal........ someone who idocs wouldnt ask whats the big deal.....yet another player who has no idea what their talking about tossin their 2c's in....

Angel of Sonoma and Troop_Gil like this.
  4. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

You're at the IDOC. You grab as much stuff as you can get. You don't have to share it with anyone else. Noone else is there. You would definitely get more stuff out of this, than when 20 more ppl would be around. The rest decays. So about what exactly do you complain?

5. Dixie chessy/legends

im really not explaining it again, read the above post

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

To be honest, I have only managed to be at one house fall and no grubbers spawned, probably because there was only a few items inside the home but still...I guess I'll have to reserve my judgement until I'm lucky enough to find a house that works correctly.

7. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Still don't see the difference between an item decaying and someone else taking it. Net gain zero in both cases.

8. Dixie chessy/legends

ive had them spawn at some , and thats where you get the u must wait thing.....but ive also been at them that have had a good amount of stuff and not seen any.....i think their just buggy

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yeah I agree Dixie...they are very buggy. I don't do treasure maps but is this how they behave then too? This is why I am desperately trying to find IDOC's to see exactly how the grubbers behave...I'm just very unlucky lol.

Dixie chessy/legends likes this.
  10. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

WTF is a grubber

Scribbles likes this.
  11. Dixie chessy/legends

im at one now on atl if ya wanna come, but i dunno when it will drop or if itll have one
    and yeah same grubbers from maps =(

12. Dixie chessy/legends

oh hunny go read the patch notes, they done laied a whoopin on us idocers

Scribbles likes this.
  13. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Ohh yeah I'd love to join you! Whereabouts are ya?

And I said the same thing Mithryl, had no idea they were already in the game lol, had to look it up...ugly little buggers lol.

14. Dixie chessy/legends

actually on Atl right now there is an osi idoc just west of yew gate tram, it looks like it should have allot in it, so gurbbers to i assume

15. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oh no, you can't loot the entire place in 40 mins all by yourself...the horror. What a freaking wreck of a game this must have become for you. It's nothing about another person said screw this pile of horse dung but all about being the last to turn the lights off with the most pixels.

The Craftsman likes this.
  16. Blood Ghoul

Hmmm...I have yet to see the "wait to pick up" or something..but I have only been at some of the old sucky RTB houses that have not had much in them

17. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

so temporary bug fix for the wait to pick up message that you get over and over... run off screen and then come back. :)

18. Dixie chessy/legends

thank you! that is so annoying to deal with

19. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Every Idoc is another player gone. Just remember that.

20. AtlanticRealtor

AtlanticRealtor ICQ 647752375
    REALTOR

UO.com - Posted:
    After a house is in the IDOC stage the timers are no longer random, it will drop at either 5, 10, or 15 hours, with the exception of houses with rental vendors.

That is NOT working

Houses are falling after 6 or 7 hours later, We tested on 6 Houses at least!!

If the House Turned at 12:00AM - It MUST fall at 5:00AM , 10:00AM or 3:00PM

and it is not, on multi occasions the house went down at 6:40am, 8:30am based on the 5:00AM Schedule !!!

Many other people have reported that is not working!!!!

21. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

There's nothing to see here, move along plez ;).
    Altho I am enjoying killing all their Harbingers in 15secs using the Guardzone, hahaha.

This is my 1st IDOC in years so can't really give a valid opinion just yet, sorry.

#21 Acid Rain, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  22. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Troop does not like this.

23. Dantes

Dantes Sage

I've been at the Tram Yew IDOC on Atl since 7:24 AM EST, sitting here, waiting.... Because I read on here that the timers were bunk and incorrectly working. In the 11 hours I've been sitting here, there have been 7 or 8 Harbingers spawned. The first one I imagine was by a GM (see picture below) having a little fun. Now I have no problem with the Harbingers, they haven't targeted me or my pets the entire time. I do have a problem with the 15 hour timer. It does nothing but promote more scripting. What legitimate player has 15 hours (and I say 15 hours because the timer is broken) to sit at a house and wait, besides myself?

I noticed a (young) trial account player, he was at the IDOC to attempt to get some loot. A fellow player and myself informed him that as of yesterday morning - he would no longer be able to collect loot from an IDOC on a trial account. After that, he spammed general chat and informed all of the scumlord scripters about the IDOC. So now I have even less of a chance of getting items.

I've done about 30 or so IDOCs over the past week. One of which I had the unpleasant experience of getting one box of worthless items... because the ENTIRE house was dry looted in 3 seconds flat. After that, I did a little bit of research on these scripts. There is a loot profile. The player plugs in HIGH $$ items and places those items at the top of the list, the script opens containers, loots those items, moves on. If none of those items are within a set distance, it grabs everything up like a horde minion. Now... how the hell am I supposed to compete with that as a legitimate player?

First I sit here for 15 hours, then I assume I'll get no loot because half the scumlords on the server are surrounding the house. We'll see how it goes - but the remaining 3 IDOCs I have in my runebooks out of the 4 full runebooks I collected - will be my last IDOCing experience. Ain't nobody got time for that.

gmharbinger.jpg

24. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

IDOCs bring out the worst in people, as well as the worst people. Do away with them completely already.

25. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Oh here's an idea....make a cave..like the cavern of the discarded....have all the IDOC loot go onto monsters and make like a champ spawn..the IDOC champ...each mog per lvl has 1 item on it..or some of them do..the champ has the best stuff....and then some of the items go into the cave as they were discarded...something along those lines...idk just sitting here with Dixie thinkin about stuff lol

Dantes likes this.
  26. THP

THP Stratics Legend

dont u wish u never moaned and it was left how it had been for 10 years ... working perfectly

laneeta, Obsidian and AtlanticRealtor like this.
  27. Blood Ghoul

Overall I am ok with the changes..I like the "turn private" part..but then again they could have just done that, added the grubbers and prevented Youngs from looting and all would have been awesome.

28. MeTheGreat

MeTheGreat Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm now sitting at the same idoc. Thanks for the heads up, even though I will most likely be afk when it falls (I rarely have enough patience).

I'm sorry that they changed the system that you care the most about, hopefully you enjoy the game enough to stick with it.

Since the devs tend to not move backward, and I'm sitting here with an idle playground for devilish thought; I had an idea to change the system to something else entirely. Just gonna share for sh*ts and gigs, to help others pass the time. Here goes:

So although it is a fantasy rp game, certain things complete separation from reality bother me a bit, one of which is that it is dangerous to be in or around a house that is collapsing (don't get me started on being able to hit people and drink potions while take damage, or using an item while paralyzed). Another is the completely inaccurate portrayal of the weight of gold in most movies, but that is really a different topic.

I always thought that it would be better if, instead of a house collapsing and all items laying on the ground where the house used to be; it would instead become open to the public and at the mercy of thieves and vagabonds. All items would remain in place. Thieves could steal lock downs, lockpickers could unlock chests, which would then be freely lootable by all. Snooping would allow skilled house burglars the ability to look inside locked chests and decide to unlock it or leave it and go after better swag. Every item taken has a very small chance of making the house collapse, killing all inside and destroying the rest of the items. After a random amount of days, the house collapses, taking everything unlooted with it.

29. 4runnersport

4runnersport Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

says the person that complains more than most on the forums :)

#29 4runnersport, Feb 25, 2015
    Kolka, Goldberg-Chessy, BigEv and 5 others like this.
  30. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I hear ya Dixie. Trying to explain IDOCs to devs and some of these people...It's like telling a joke in a blonde bar!!!:talktothehand:

31. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Make the collapse deal out damage the way the boulders in the Doom Puzzle do. That way those pesky reds on Siege will have a little risk with their reward. I've got more of a chance of killing one of them with a nice fat 84 hp boulder head start.

chargar42 likes this.
  32. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Love the houses turn private. Grubbers are much faster then the T-Map grubbers. Siege Idocs also not falling on schedule. Also, if you cant clear out a castle idoc in 40 minutes, theres a problem. 5 packhorses can hall 500 items away. Would take hardly any time at all to carry away 6k in lockdowns. Are you looking thru things at the idoc? Just take to your house and look later. The decaying of items has never been a problem for me.

33. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

I'm with Dixie , mainly because her picture is cute. But with the decay rate being so fast , and the grubber thingy....... It stinks .

34. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Lol, I don't usually do IDOCs, but seeing this post, I had to check it out, so here I sit - I'm bored already

#34 Yadd of Legends, Feb 25, 2015
  35. Dixie chessy/legends

LOL!

36. Dixie chessy/legends

hey doll it was a castle i had alone, plot 3 screens away, castle was full on rubble storage, and they limit you on how much u can pick up now.....its like they let ya pick up 5 things then put a freeze on ya for 10 seconds....its horrible...................they just need to put idocs back to the way they worked perfectly for 17 years.....and fix the trial accts....
    ive said all along idocs are not the problem its the newbs accts at them that are the problem.....if someone wants to pa for 50 accounts to script on well hot damn have at it, the staff dont seem to care.....but dont make it easy on them and give em the free toons to do it with......im not the one who gets on here and complains about EVERYTHING!

37. Dixie chessy/legends

not true ! i talk to anyone and everyone at idocs and im actually nice about it, "i may talk a little to much" people cant get me to shut up =) and i give away more idoc loot than i keep, if someone is in need of something i usually give it to them if i know em or sell it way cheap if i dont. heck i loot idocs for other people, and give them all the loot.. helped a guy with one last night and got him a bunch of event items from it, helped same guy today and got him a neon box and bunch of other goodies.i just like doing idocs. its a rush.

38. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

OK, the house just fell at 10:33 pm EST. About 50 people. I couldn't see what was happening, but everything was gone in less than 30 seconds. I couldn't tell if there was anything valuable or not. No, I will not be doing another IDOC.

#38 Yadd of Legends, Feb 25, 2015
    Dantes and Larisa like this.
  39. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

I agree with Yadd....while having the young players not able to pick up and turning the house private, it still doesn't stop the loot scriptors from getting everything in a matter of seconds. I can confirm what Yadd said as I was there as well. The house fell and then everything was gone...after that I did see one grubber corpse but I didn't see the actual grubber lol. It was looted VERY quickly...I know you can't do anything about that but scripting has NOT been deterred at ALL..sorry team :(

Dixie chessy/legends and Dantes like this.
  40. Dixie chessy/legends

i got a croc vet statue u can have if ya want it

laneeta likes this.
  41. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

I got 3 plants! lol

It's good, I love plants! :)

laneeta and Dixie chessy/legends like this.
  42. Dixie chessy/legends

me to! i ask all the big idoc teams to save me their plants and rocks lol....never can have to many

laneeta likes this.
  43. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

looting at a IDOC has always seemed to me like patting down a dead body looking for its wallet.
    come on, we have all been there, you know what im talking about!
    we've all 'stumbled' upon a dead body and though "well its not like they are gonna need their wallet and i AM a little hungry"

at any rate i dont have a dog in this fight, i dont IDOC.
    but any time they put a set time on something like this it makes me cringe.
    when they said 5, 10 or 15 it will drop exactly then i was a little let down.
    to hear that its totally random makes me smile.

i am a little disheartened to hear everyone complaining about how upset they are about getting free stuff.
    oh no - the free stuff is falling randomly!
    oh no - i cant grab the free stuff fast, someone else may get this free stuff and ill be forced to get some other free stuff!
    i just have this mental image of that top hat guy from monopoly sitting there with his monocle on poking the garbage on the ground with his cane.

Chazztizer likes this.
  44. Dixie chessy/legends

what u dont get is the time u have to put into getting said free stuff, idocs dont just pop in ur lap
    you have to go look for them, u have to sit with them, you give up allot of sleep for that...anyone who participated in this latest great fall got a taste of what the normal idocers do every day..........i know it dosent sound like much to someone who dosent do it often but run 5 shards by hand every facet 2 days a week and tell me what ya thinks about it then. =) and i loved the random times btw, i was alone at more of them than i ever was on the 7hr timer, but i liked the 7hr timer also

45. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I keep getting a mental image of people lining up for Black Friday many long hours before the doors open... o_O

46. laneeta

laneeta Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I disagree with you respectfully Garth...i found when i was idocing and you were there that it was all good fun and we all got lots of stuff. No scripters that i saw on Siege.

chargar42 likes this.
  47. THP

THP Stratics Legend

like i said ....why did they change a system that worked for 10 years perfectly and certainly was not broken........the few numb skulls who cried wolf that caused this mayhem should hold there heads in shame

#47 THP, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    chargar42 likes this.
  48. Queen Arya

Queen Arya Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
    Governor Stratics Veteran

We gotta have stuff.
    What we really need is Rubbermaid containers to organize so we can get more stuffs

Scribbles and Cyrah like this.
  49. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Meh. IDOC loot should go into treasure map chests. Dig up a treasure map and you might get a sweet rare, or you might get someone's pile of 60000 sea serpent scales, or a handful of exceptional rings they never got around to imbuing, or their soulstone you can't use. Treasure chest loot sucks and IDOCs suck. Two birds, one stone.

petemage and GarthGrey like this.
  50. Queen Arya

Queen Arya Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
    Governor Stratics Veteran

When you cancel your subscription your house falls..... immediately. period.
    Then us Idocer's run around and pick your crap up off the ground.
    If I don't pay for something, I don't receive anything.
    Shouldn't be a problem now that they have better customer service for account management, right?