1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I have a few questions about imbuing

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Duke SP, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Duke SP

Duke SP Guest

Ok, i read the imbuing skill and don't understand it so could someone explain it too me please?

Say, for example, i have a diamond mace with:

SCNP
    Mage weapon -22
    Demon Slayer
    DCi 12%

How could i change this weapon and do i have a chance to break it?Could i drop the -22 penalty?Could i take off demon slayer and add something else?Could i raise DCI?

Thank you

2. Rykus

Rykus Guest

From what I understand, you can imbue a property to a ZERO value, thereby removing it. You can also add a property that does not currently exist, OR raise an existing property up to it's maximum value.

As I understand, there is no chance of the item being imbued getting destroyed. Failure can/will destroy the items/reagents used to imbue the item, but the item itself will not go *POOF* like they currently do when being enhanced.

I do not know specifically about the slayer properties. If someone else has that answer, HOLLA!

There is a very long imbuing thread on the SA forums. I strongly recommend reading through there. The first post is a Q&A summary of the questions asked in the thread, and it answers lots of questions.

3. sofaking

sofaking Guest

Keep in mind that powder of fort does not work on imbued weapons. Only repairs. So eventually all imbued items break. one day. after 255 repairs. or over a 100,000 swings. yea.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

The NDA gets lifted tomorrow (or maybe just that beta-testers can talk about what they know). Best bet is to wait until then and ask on UHall, there will dozens of accurate, and otherwise, posts about this sort of thing.

5. Rykus

Rykus Guest

There is already very open discussion of this in the SA forums, with developers in on the discussion. I don't believe there is any concern of the NDA in this case.

6. Seikatein

Seikatein Guest

You cannot imbue an item that has any sort of mods other than the di form exceptional. The only thing you can do with your mace is unravel it into an imbuing ingredient.All items you wish to imbue must be normal with no mods and crafted of normal ore/leather ect, except for jewlery can be made wiht colored ore and imbued.

7. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I said this in an earlier post and everyone disagreed so I just say lets wait and see. And i have not played in beta or talked to anyone who played beta, it's just the only thing that makes logical sense.

8. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Ok, now that I'm home, and not reading this on a cell-phone via a crappy GPRS connection..

Please see the Imbuing thread in the SA Forum.

There's LOTS of info in there, and the majority of people's questions can be answered there. The only question I had, which I did not find there, was about the destruction of the item upon failure, which I found elsewhere.

9. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

So in other words I can delete the hit chance mod and add 50% hit spell of my choice and have the sickest kryss on the shard? :D *bats eyes*

[​IMG]

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Stupid Miner condensed most of that information into a page for the site too, you'll find it listed under 'skills, detailed'
    To correct Seikatein. You can not unravel items made from, or enhanced with, special materials. you can unravel loot items and items made from iron using a runic hammer/kit.
    So next time you burn a barbed runic, don't recycle your rejects, unravel them instead.
    The open beta is today, for 2D you'll need to download a copy of the client that's patched for the content, for enhanced there'll be a patch coming through. The content is only active on Retribution shard, so you'll have to log in there. It's test center rules, so set your skills and experiment.

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

This is what i will do to this one..... and run it in vamp form with parasitic poison. I will be a leeching mofo.

50 harm
    50 dmg
    100% cold damge
    48 life leech
    50 hld

[​IMG]

12. Petra Fyde

Powder it all the way up to 255 before you start.

13. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I thought you couldn't imbue crafted items?

14. Petra Fyde

This is the first info we had:
    http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30889

It will be updated as soon as we can after NDA lifts, but yes, crafted items can be imbued, provided they're not made in special materials.
    You won't be able to imbue barbed leather armor, dull copper daggers, ash bows, as an example. You will be able to unravel those though I think.