1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I Have a Problem

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I was driving down the highway, running errands yesterday.
    At a stop light I saw, on the other side of the highway, a truck stopped along the side of the road.
    The truck was pulling some rather young Christmas Palms, most likely headed to the coastline to be planted along the beach.
    My very first thought was how great they would look in my castle.
    Then, instead of realizing I had slipped from reality, I wondered how much gold they would cost because they are probably rare.
    It was only then that I realized the light had turned green and I was not in UO.

Does this happen to anyone else?

#1 Flutter, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Hasn't happened lately, but years ago those reality-warps were pretty common for me! :D

Arrgh, Zane_Xander and Flutter like this.
  3. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

when im at work (in my ambulance) sometimes when im working away and trying to fix someone ill say in my head to myself;

"you apply the band-aids..... they heal some damage"

so then ill think to myself.... time to chug a pot....
    so ill get out a IV and get it ready.

i havnt got the resurrection one down yet though.

Frodo-Europa, Tamais, startle and 6 others like this.
  4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

lol You start ressing people I better be the first person you call.

MalagAste likes this.
  5. RockoNV

RockoNV Seasoned Veteran
    Alumni UOS

Many years ago I was driving home from work and looked at a vacant lot and thought that a large tower would fit there.

One night after falling asleep (during the same time frame as the large tower incident) I awoke my wife and asked her what her skills were. She promptly informed me that as a result of waking her up I would not be experiencing one of her skills any time soon.

I took a break from UO thereafter because reality got in the way!

Widow Maker, Tamais, startle and 5 others like this.
  6. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Several years ago I saw a "vanity" plate on a car that was rather vulgar. Two thoughts went thru my head. First, how on earth did they get that past the filters and second, if someone pages they are so gonna get banned!

7. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Going to the drive-up teller, rolling down the window, and saying bank. "Excuse me sir?" "Oh.. uhh.. can I have a deposit slip please?"

There was a really good one I read awhile ago, I just haveta copy/paste it here:

Merus: "Back in 1999 I was working at a local store while going to college and was dating a girl work worked their part time. One afternoon she had come up to meet me as my shift ended... Just before I left I got a call from a friend who played UO telling me someone had gotten into my UO house and was looting everything (of course this was back before houses were secure). I looked at the girl and said I've got to go, my house was getting robbed. She followed me out to my car and rode with me... white as a sheet as I raced through town at Mach 10. She was very confused as we pulled up to my apt and I unlocked the door and ran for the computer chair!

14 years later she is my wife with her own set of UO accounts... She understands now!"

8. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Back in 98-2000 or so during my UO obsession period, that happened to me constantly. I once asked a pizza place how much gold it would cost for extra toppings or something like that, and I was always thinking "oh man, I should make a rune here" when ever I saw a nice spot irl.

Arrgh, Frodo-Europa, startle and 5 others like this.
  9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I've had thoughts like that..... what a nice spot to build a keep/castle..... little stream there I could fish.... Sure wish I could fish up a treasure chest IRL like I do in game ...... that'd so make fishing actually enjoyable IRL.... rather than boring drowning worms....

I've often thought DANG wish I could just mark a rune and recall ...... And working in a Hospital I always wish I could just cast cure or greater heal...

I had more problems though when I was addicted to playing Populous..... That game made me have dreams of raising and lowering land... I'd drive around and go...... Hum.... Yep flatten that raise that there bet that would make a nice big castle pop! ....... hehe

kongomongo and Flutter like this.
  10. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I was driving my then girlfriend (now wife) home (she lived across town, so a good bit was via interstate) one night, I happened to glance at the return lanes of the interstate and say out loud "I hope the lag isn't bad on the way home"... 15+ years later, I STILL haven't lived that one down.

Arrgh, Tamais, startle and 2 others like this.
  11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

My kids laugh at me because I often answer my phone "Lab" then my name like I do at work.... and they are like "Mom...... LOL you aren't at work you know."...... I'm waiting for me to answer the phone at work and say "Lab Willa"...... or "Lab Malag"..... I already sometimes tell people at work "Vendui'" instead of Hello..... Or "Bel'la Dos" instead of thank you.... and I'm always saying "Aye" instead of "Yes".... I get some pretty strange looks when I do it too....

I think my co-workers long gave up asking me what my plans were for the weekend after I told them a few times my plans were to kill people... sort my houses..... deco my homes.... or something.

#11 MalagAste, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Arrgh and kongomongo like this.
  12. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1998 in college (UGA) there was a bunch of us that played. Weekends we'd get drunk and walk around downtown shouting 'HIC !' Problem was alot of folks over heard us and would take offense... its Georgia so the double entendre got us in trouble more than once :fight:

startle, kongomongo and Chazztizer like this.
  13. Zane_Xander

Zane_Xander Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Cant say I ever confused RL with Uo. However, often wondered if / when we're getting Vendors in RL.

#13 Zane_Xander, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  14. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My issue was always with dreams. Anyone that did factions a lot can identify. Nox fields. God damned nox fields. They get burned into your memory. Try to go to sleep after a 10-hour defense (nevermind the old 24-hour ones) without seeing those dancing green bastards on the inside of your eyelids.

AppleJax likes this.
  15. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I suffer from extreem road rage. So ya when people piss me off while driving. It crosses my mind " Your lucky we're not in fel right now."

16. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

out driving seeing a dead bird and lookin at wife , we both yell feathers. same thing wif fallin trees.(wood)
    now when talking on the phon people tell me speak English your not really a goblin. bah

Lady CaT, Arrgh, Hinotori and 2 others like this.
  17. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

omg... a couple of times on the phone lately I've caught myself saying "yerg" instead of "yes". :facepalm:

Hinotori, Flutter and whiterabbit like this.
  18. whiterabbit

Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

yerg dat toos

Hinotori, Flutter and old gypsy like this.
  19. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

We have them. They are called stores.

20. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Dems just don understands

old gypsy likes this.
  21. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah

The mark and recall spells would be fantastic.

22. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

I was standing at the river Rhine when walking with my son. There was a nice log lying on the ground beneath the shore and I thought: Look there, a fallen log. Wonder, if I can find a Maple Tree beneath.

Hehe

23. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

When I get really annoyed with people in public...I've often thought Kal Vas Flam! Some people in this world better hope I keep fizzling :)

24. whiterabbit

meeees misses yoos

Lady CaT and old gypsy like this.
  25. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Aww thanks. Hope everything is going well in Pitmuck! :)

26. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Wees gotz turkey dinner waitin fer yoos atz da mission. En ice creams cake en ober yummies stuffs.

~ Icky Rotblossom ~

Lady CaT likes this.
  27. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I just made my son who came to me for some scotch tape sit and read Flutter's first post.... he giggled.
    He said and I quote him here: "I should post of that one night where I redeco'ed the rare's house from top to bottom. It was perfect! Every item sitting just as I wanted, the next morning I found out it was all a dream.... as the house was still in disarray!"
    We have many times gone out shopping and used UO terms to describe items or needs... so I do feel many of us have, and that count UO as our home away from home.

whiterabbit likes this.
  28. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

A few years ago, my sister spent the night at my house while her house was being painted. Keep in mind my sister never plays online games, and wasn't really aware of my addiction to them. Early in the morning she woke me up asking where my pepto was because she had really bad heartburn. Half asleep and not quite in reality yet, I responded with, "I keep all my potions in my bank, wait until I log in and I'll get it for you."

Yea.... she looked at me like I was high, it was at that moment that I realized what I had said. I still haven't lived that one down.

29. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Nope Flutter you are deffinetly not the only one! Yesterday I was in the middle of class and my teacher asked me a question and I replied Hang on lemme go get my arrows and bandaids

30. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

After having played Atl server the first few years of my 16 years , I got into the habit of being extremely hypervigilant looking for bank thieves and pk's irl. On the flip-side I'm glad my murderous ways didn't carry over lol :devil:

#30 Arrgh, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    Flutter likes this.
  31. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

I have seen plants and wished my uo equivalent was as large. I stopped and took a picture of a giant century plant I saw.

But I started gamedreaming long ago. When I would drive on trips I would pretend to level the ground like you would do in Populous.

32. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, this is not good...
    Let me preface this by saying that my main system is in what you might call a rec room, in that there's a fridge and microwave within about 4 steps from my desk.... And, in fairness to myself, I was also half watching/listening to espn on the large wall screen also in this room.....
    But anyway, I found myself looking in the fridge for Refresh pots.... Not good... Apparently I can no longer depend on being able to do 3 things at once... :)

old gypsy and whiterabbit like this.