1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

I haven't played in years

Discussion in 'SWG General Discussion' started by DreadLord Lestat, May 16, 2010.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Feb 26, 2004
    I quit with the NGE, how has it changed? Will it still be around after SWTOR comes out? Have they done server merges? I played on Shadowfire. If your server merged where does that leave you if you ever did come back? Just curious. Thanks!
  2. BadgerSmaker

BadgerSmaker Guest

Hey there,

It's been 4 years, 6 months and 2 days since the NGE. It's a completely different game now and vastly improved. I'd recommend at least a trial of it to see the difference.

There were some mergers, Corbantis, Europe-Infinity, Intrepid, Kauri, Kettemoor, Lowca, Naritus, Scylla, Tarquinas, Tempest, Valcyn and Wanderhome were all closed and Free Transfers were given to the remaining 13 servers.

Of those servers, you can see how the population differs from these stats: SWG Galactic Civil War and Player City Statistics - 14th of May 2010.

Shadowfire is still up but one of the lower population servers, if you did have a character on one of the now closed servers Customer Services will transfer it to the server of your choice for free, more info on that is here:

[SWG] Retrieving characters on closed servers

I hope that helps.
  3. HeadOn

HeadOn Guest

I just read this and decided to pull out one of my old accounts. To my surprise I am actually enjoying the game again, so much in fact that I canceled my World of Warcraft subscription.
  4. RainStar

RainStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 20, 2003
  5. BadgerSmaker

BadgerSmaker Guest

Very cool, welcome back. :)