1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

i heard that.....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mr.StinkyPants, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

well i heard that there was a hack that when u killed somebody the victim would run the hack that would dissconnect u, if so i think i have been a victim of this hack i just want to know if its true so i know if this dude is a cheater, cause im not gonna wine to ea if i just got a crappy connection today

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If there is, we can't discuss it here, not in detail at least.

3. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

im not going to exploit anybody here i just wanna know if i was wronged...

4. Petra Fyde

aye, just making sure no one answers you 'yes there is, it's done like this, and this, and this' :D

5. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I know that there are certain chains of events that can cause client crashes, but they typically cause a loop of one of the sounds that caused the crash. IE... Opening your bank box after a trade, the death cry and dragon roar happening at the same time, etc. The mushroom cave entrance near Spirit gate can also cause client crashes sometimes when multiple people are fighting there and enter/exiting at the same time, but that is typically just a quick disconnect.

I do not know if such a cheat exists, but I have had what you describe, happen to me. I have also heard of it [in Vent] happening to guildmates during PvP... often enough to at least make me suspicious. I cannot confirm one way or the other, though.

In any case, I just don't understand cheaters. A win isn't a win and it isn't skill if you have to cheat to accomplish the task. :loser:

6. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

ya it really sucked i killd 2 ppl in there house and got a few locked chests and i was about to loot there corpses and this dude showed up tried to ban me but i ran around to much and he coudnt click on me than i killd him and then boom lost connection... i loged back in i was reveld and baned from houseand almost dead luckly im bad ass and the newbs couldnt kill me intime, so yes it may seemed i have wronged them but i didnt break the rules doing so, there own fault not locking there doors..............la*

* just showing respect for the true criminals

7. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Was me you killed, sorry you crashed - no idea how or why but I can assure you I am running no hacks.

I am curious though as to why I did successfully ban you a few times, but each time I did I got a message that you were already banned from the house. Does using the command "I ban thee" not actually remove the person from the house anymore?

Oddly enough even after checking the ban list, there was only one person on the ban list that wasn't you either.

8. Black magick

Black magick Guest

In answer to your question, no

9. Petra Fyde

I've had that 'already banned' problem with monsters on Europa. If they're already in the house when they flag they're classed as 'banned' by the flagging rules, but it doesn't throw them out! The answer is to use 'remove thyself' I believe.

10. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Ahh, so that's the problem! Once you figure EA's programming it makes total sense!

11. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The reason you could not ban him is because he was combat flagged. For some reason when a person is combat flagged you can not ban them not sure as to why this happens but it does... So next time just wait until he is unflagged then ban him and you will never have a problem with that person...

12. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In my opinion, banning people and private houses are against what Siege is. Lock your doors and detect hidden after you close the door behind you, to see if anyone slipped in while it was open.

13. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

oh with out me u guys would of been like just another boring day......

and it just seems like i crash only! at the most critical times

no hard feelings...

but i will be back to burn ur precious little eyesore of a town to the ground hopefully with everyone in it

just dont hate me over it, im actully a nice guy if u get to know me :D

14. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Sounds like one of my kind!

Got a guild?

If not... your vile and evil presence would be welcomed in 'The Outsiders' Guild [O-S]

15. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

haha we have met before and i think u tryed to ally with me but u where in a war

16. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Ah...so it is you. I surrendered the wars and it still says I am in them... so I cannot ally you still...

Poor programming.

17. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

well ill pass my guild to a buddy of mine his account is inactive but that way it will still be in the family and ill just join ur guild, but i wont be in it forever i have plans to start a new guild of doom but that wont be for a while, i have some things to do today but if u meet me at like umbra or something soon ill be there at the bank

18. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Was it the king of rock and roll?If so, its known...

19. Petra Fyde

Kage, it's an effect of the 'house hiding' change that went in. If you're combat flagged you're temporarily banned from entering a house, yes? However if you're already *in* the house the temp ban registers, so you can't be banned through the house menu, but you're not removed from the house. I believe 'remove thyself' works. It works for monsters.

20. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Sorry I had already logged out before I saw this.

I'll catch up with you later today perhaps.