1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I just claimed 2 shard shields and don't want to mess up, so...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val Van Wolf, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Lol, ok, the shield for my home shard (atlantic) and the one for my transfer shard (LS) are on the wall of my house. I just need instructions on making my first move. Do I take both off the wall, do I take either off the wall. Just a quick lesson on how to use them is what I need. Thank you in advance.

2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Keep the shields on the wall and dbl click them to receive the tokens. Take both tokens with you when you transfer (1 token to go to LS, 1 token to come back to Atl). :)

Lord Frodo likes this.
  3. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lock the shields down, double click on them. You will receive one token for each I believe. They give one token per month to a limit of 10. No point in taking them down from the wall, they only work when they are locked down in your house. Take one of each token and put in the pack of the character you want to transfer , one for travel to destination shard and the one from your home shard so you can get back. Remember, the character must be from the same account since the shields and tokens are account bound. Read up on it, there's a nice page a lot more detailed than my sketchy instructions from Petra on here. Don't be hasty when you do start clicking, read the stuff, its lengthy but it may save you heartaches later.
    http://uo2.stratics.com/miscellaneous/veterans-rewards/14th-year-veteran-reward-transfer-shields

#3 Parnoc, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Thank you, guys. I'm on my way to LS, gonna place a house there with another account....vroom vroom...

5. Painted Elves

Painted Elves Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So, it is a complete total of 10? As in once you've used them 10 times they will no longer give tokens?
    Also, this Q & A doesn't make sense to me...

Q. If unclaimed, do the tokens stay on the shield, accumulating, or are they lost?
    A.Up to 10 tokens

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The shield will hold at a maximum 10 tokens, after that it does not generate more. If you pull tokens from the shield, then it continue to generate them.

Painted Elves and Lord Frodo like this.
  7. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And as far as I know, tokens don't have to be used within any period of time. So before a shield reaches 10 charges, claim a token and store it away for later use.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  8. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

One noteworthy mention, to take down a shield you have to click them. Clicking them will take tokens out until the shield is empty & once empty you will get an option to deed the shield. Other then having placed the shields somewhere that when you customize the house makes the shield drop in deeded form into your moving crate, this previous method appears to be the only way(to my knowledge) to redeed shields.

I mention this because I would make sure to place the shields in a spot you intend on keeping it so that your not using up house space in tokens by having to empty shields every time they're moved.

Congrats on your shields and good luck :)

Lord Frodo likes this.
  9. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

you know what kinda surprised me last night.
    i was in picking some rewards and i thought to myself.... you know what would look cool on my shield wall.... a siege shield.

i remember them saying that you cant use them but they are for deco, well i was surprised to see that they are not on the list on sonoma.
    so i guess you can pick them on siege as deco but you cant pick a siege shield on production shards as deco.

strange, eh?

10. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

ya there is no exp on the tokens.
    i have a bag on the ground under mine and i dump them every couple months, have since day 1.

11. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

What I like to do is when I place a new shield on the wall I lock down a book on the ground stating the month and day I placed it so I know when it should spawn a new one. I like also now how they state the number of tokens available. If any dev is reading this please add a countdown for the next token to spawn.

The Zog historian likes this.