1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I know this is Off Topic But...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by CaesarDoP, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CaesarDoP

CaesarDoP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

2. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

Hey, that's pretty great. In order to bring it around to UO sorta. I notice that alot of UO players are sporting a certain look Bald head, facial hair. You don't happen to have a closet full of Hawaiian and print shirts do you? Just sayin I know ummmmmm.... a guy! Yeah this uhhhhh........ guy I know.

3. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Oddly, I've enjoyed reading this post (and the link) more than anything else in UHall in months. Thanks for sharing.

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Congrats, and keep it up.

One thing I admire is how some people can inspire others though song, speech, literature, or action. To well up the spirit in others. It's a rare quality that most of us don't have, and truly is a gift.

I've seen how some people simply refuse to allow their own spirits to rise. I've seen how others take such an inspiration and do something great with it. I've seen that it takes a belief in the spirit inside to both be inspired, and to do the inspiring. This isn't just your voice, it's what your spirit brings, your belief in that spirit.

You've both been blessed, and brought your own part to that podium that lifts the spirit. This is important. There's both muckery and finery to life, and people will seek out their own part in that. But you, sir, are part of the later.

Well done.

5. CaesarDoP

CaesarDoP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you to all, I do not have any Print Shirts to speak of. As I said in the article, God gave me a Gift and I use it.

I was in a Production of the Wizard of OZ several years ago, and after one show, a person came up to me and said, "Bert Lahr would have been proud of your portrayall of the Lion"

I like to think that every time I sing the National Anthem, Francis Scott Key would be Proud.

Peace be with all of You My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

6. (Taler)

(Taler) Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I have nothing to add to this thread except to say Hello to my old friend Caesar.

:)

7. CaesarDoP

CaesarDoP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*Gives (Taler) a Big Bear Hug* Hello My Friend, good to see you.

Peace be with You

Caesar

8. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Nice post. Good for you.

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great article and nice press however - no link to you singing?

You should get someone to record it and put it on youtube at least. Who knows? Could be the next guy with the golden voice. :)

10. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

cleveland rocks...

11. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I was going to come in here and write a scathing critique of how this sort of thing should be moved to Off-Topic as it has no place here in UHall.

But then I read the article and the thread, and realized that this is perhaps one of the better, more positive, more on-topic threads we've had here in UHall in awhile.

So: Thanks for sharing.

12. CaesarDoP

CaesarDoP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Cogniac, I have never posted on any other board than U-Hall, with the exception of the Memorial Forum, where I am the Moderator, so U-Hall is where I Post everything. I do not abuse the privilage of being a MOD.

Thank you for your Kind words and I am glad you liked the artical. Peace be with you Cogniac.

Theo_GL, oddly enough, the aritcle was written or I did the interview on 12-10-10 and it was in the paper on 1-7-11, just around the time when the Guy with the Golden Voice was on TV. Every one around here (my RL City) said the same thing.

I'll see about getting a link on You Tube, Peace be with You Theo_GL

Caesar

13. *pictures Dante Citraro in Dwarven Armor*

Head clench to fellow wrestler. Great Article, and Congrats!!

14. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

If anyone else had posted this it would have been moved. It is that simple.

15. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Deal with it.
    People who give Stratics and its visitors and porters (and that inclused you) their time and dedication deserve a little understanding sometimes.

Dante - good to know we have people with other talents than just clinking atound here :D
    (Btw, you really should come to staff forums sometime... just sayin'... I will repost this on staff for you anyway),

16. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

That was a wonderful article! And I wish I could have heard you sing. God bless...:)

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Interesting, and nice to have something to smile about. But just as some folk insist

:postpics:

I have to say, we need to hear it! :)

18. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Caesar,

That is very cool! Singing well is a rare talent, singing well in an arena or stadium is much harder... for your local community to recognize you for it is great! Nice to see what else players are doing in their lives, thanks for sharing.

Are there any recordings of you online? Also, would love to hear you do a cover of UO's Stones. :)

19. Hail and well met Caesar ...

Pity that there's not a "Sosarian Anthem" you could submit for "Royal Hall" meetings to voice over ...

*Raises mug of fine coffee* Well met:thumbup:

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That is awesome Caesar.

I too would LOVE to hear it and wanting a recording.

I myself stink at singing but that never stops me ask my kids I torture them all the time... especially when they are trapped in the car with me. *grins*

21. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

What an awesome article! So nice to get a glimpse of the good done for others :)

22. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

IFTFY

23. canary

canary Guest

... but you did. And the fact that you even plainly point out in your thread title 'I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT...' just showcases that. Just because UHall is where you spend most of your time does not mean that is where a post should go. I really just enjoyed that Chipotle taco I had earlier, but if I wanted to post about its yumminess I know it belongs in the OFF TOPIC forum. As your post, actually, does. Neither of them have anything to do with UO.

You are a moderator. You know this. That's the deal breaker here. You know the rules, and you chose to ignore them.

That said and out of the way, congrats on your thingie. A little recognition is always fun.

24. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*bumps* Yes, I can bump this. I would like to hear it too. Any of you feel left out? Tell us how you help your community.

A little off topic is not going to kill Uhall. Keep it to the point... Do you sing the national anthem? Do you coach a little league team?

Off topic threads are what they are. Not many survive Uhall. Staff do get pass on occasion.

Hell, I go OT all the time.

Ceasar... He is a long standing member of this forum. He is the care taker of a forum dear to many of us.

If this man wishes to go off topic... It is OK with me.

Just don't think the rest of you can... Yeah, Staff gets a pass. Don't like that? PM Crazy Joe...

*chuckles*

25. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Can I post my Herpes Diaries?

26. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

pretty much... no.

27. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe we should have had you at this years Super Bowl instead.....

28. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'd have been delighted to give a public reading.

29. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

*tags to last*

Alright so Caesar posted something OT in UHall...*gasp*...big fricking deal. I know I have done it alot of times myself because I wanted it to be read by the majority and I wanted the thread to get attention.As a poster in the general audience,I welcome OT posts that isn't your usual "wah wah wah why does it have to be like this!!" cry-fests.

Now...on the other hand. I was raised to believe that fair for one,is fair for all.Favortism breeds anger and resentment.An Admin or Mod comes in and says "rules for you,is not rules for us" is a very bad policy to follow. This just makes the admins/mods to this site look like an [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].

30. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah!

31. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

They wonder why there is a general feeling that the mods here are biased? They don't even follow their own rules. Whats worse is the thread was started by someone who should know better. If this is the only place he posts he should know dam well NOT to.

32. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

The rule actually says:
    We are inclined to a little leniency on it, and have often left threads we considered to be very loosely linked to UO, such as this which is a personal achievement of a uo player, rather than totally off topic being just something picked up from national or international news. Until, that is, someone pages on it insisting that we 'do our job' and move it.

33. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

Which I KNOW was done by a few, and still , its here.

34. CaesarDoP

CaesarDoP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Let me say that if I offended any one by posting this, I am sorry. As I stated, I only Post on U-hall and the Memorial Forum, so the people I know are on U-Hall. The people I have met in real life on U-Hall, and those people would have a much better chance to see the post here on U-Hall.

Thank you everyone for the Kind words and the requests for a video of me singing. When and if that ever happens, I will be sure to post it for all to hear.

Thank you Mods and friends for the support, I promise I will check in more often.

Peace be with All of You My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

35. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations Ceasar. Keep doin whatcha do.

36. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

Very nice, Caesar. You are fortunate to have such a gift, and you are blessed to be able to share that part of yourself with others!

Way to go, my friend!!

37. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

Hey, great post and congrats...

Just remember, it wouldn't BE uHall if the trolls weren't here... don't sweat them, their talent is complaining, yours is bringing an obvious God given gift into the world...

38. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hello old friend!

Thats a great article... nice to see you inspire young people with your singing and helping out!

There should be more guys like you!

Keep it up!!

Zayin

39. Just a minor suggestion ...
    Put an ABM up next time ... Then share(from within) over a cup of the finest ...

*shrugs* not like the trolls have any "imagination" ... ya kinda did ... wave a "red flag" (make that: something moved (they are color blind))

I be well, Hope ye be better ... :thumbsup:

40. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

I have no problem with the post here.

In the day when UHall got alot of traffic - you need to segment things in their forums.

Now with like 100 active players UHall gets like 5-10 posts a day. We ought to just close all the other forums and push people here.

The Crafting forum gets like a post a day if you are lucky. I hardly go there anymore.

41. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

I was not offended at all with what you posted.I am glad there is some good things that can be seen in UHall other than others conplaining about everything in UO. I only took issue with the "I'm a Mod/Admin,so I can break the rules all I want" attitude. This kind of arrogance will cause me to email TGN.

42. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'm not offended in the least... and even if you weren't a forum monkey I wouldn't have minded.

Human interest in doing something good for a change and not hearing how some crazed lunatic killed X number of people here there or where ever and how someone is making a difference and doing something good is awesome. I want a whole lot more of it!

Good for you and way to go. Still want a CD. Or post your next performance on YouTube. Then give us the linkage.