1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I lost 30mill insured stuff in Sicarii room

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jorgius, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jorgius

Jorgius Guest

I was hunting for the big net with my crafter. I had a sorceress suite, tome of lost knowledge, totem of the void, alch bauble and a ring.

I went connlost and when I was back in, I found myself dead.

I didnt want to leave the room, so I logged out.

When I was back, I got rezzed. Everything insured in my body was GONE.

In the main bankbox I have 65k gold coins and 850k check

NOW TELLME WHY THIS ****

2. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Given it is your crafter and you probably don't die on your crafter much - you might not have had auto-renew on for insurance.

Meaning - when you die and get your items back - they don't autorew the insurance so they are then uninsured.

I've known several people who did't know this wasn't turned on and lost their stuff.

DEVS - Why is it even an option? Autorenew should be the ONLY option and the way insurance works.

What - the item is only good enough to insure once and not every time I die? Dumb option NO ONE uses except by accident.

3. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Yes its a easy mistake to make on a char u dont play much...

''auto renew insurance''

4. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

Honestly, it might not be auto-renew! see the post on the insurance bug. This has happened to me on both melissa and sicarii, on my mage and my melee, who definitely DID have auto renew enabled, and thank god im too neurotic to log out unless im sure i have my stuff. But i'm starting to get reluctant to uise anything i dont want to lose as a result.

rage

5. Does why matter?
    You out 30 million. Thats it.

Ive lost a lot. Why, has never helped.

6. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

Oh crap! What are you going to do without your items!?!

7. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

iirc autorenew was a late addition cause folks didn't like having to re-insure every time they died. I think it should be enabled by default and disabled as an option.

8. Jorgius

Jorgius Guest

lol its not for the items... sorcy suite was very useful sometimes. i dont have 30m to buy it again.

9. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I would be pretty sad if I lost a Sorcerer's suit, especially since it was a limited-time reward. I myself only managed to get two pieces, hehe.

I hope you do at least get your webby! :)

10. Loqucious

Loqucious Guest

The insurance bug has hit me twice. It exists no matter what some may say.

11. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

very ignorant and rude comment sir

12. Jorgius

Jorgius Guest

As I wrote be4 but got censored :D ,

it was my fault. Didn't check auto-renew thing.

Well, this is just a game.But it's boring to lose items for such a non-game related issue.

And it's mooore boring to get 24 hours shard revert, 'cause you pay real money that day, just for nothing :sad4:

What to say? The more ppl get bored, the more EA loses our real money. Sooner or later.

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*makes note to suggest again that autorenew be the default*

(the situations where a person will want to cancel autorenewing insurance are rare enough that you can just manually uninsure the items - I see no reason to have the option to not autorenew, it's just an accident waiting to happen with an oversight or slip of the fingers)

14. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

i vote auto-renew by default!!!!!!!!
    never heard a good reason not to have it.

15. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes its a stupid option

it should be ON by defualt and only turned off only if you push ok on a seperate menu.

lots of newbies ask me what good is insurance if it only works once :(

16. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

I'm guessing its not default on because new players who have a GM leather suit will die once and loose 5k and be broke only to keep a suit that is worth 1k?

17. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is your crafty named Dennis?

I saw you in there, you kept invising in the corner. Full Sorcerer's armour, tome of lost knowledge, totem of the void, and shield of invul on. None of it was insured when I saw you invis in the entrance. I left to gate a guildmate in, and when we got back, you were gone. (not dead, there was no corpse), you were gone. :(

18. Astrel

Astrel Guest

I too died in the Spider room and some insured items were not in my pack when I ressed. Everything was insured, auto- renew was on, and I always have a few hundred gp in cash in the bank. Fortunately I found the stuff on my corpse so did not end up losing anything (and it was all still insured). There are also other bugs, like the one where one of my chars is unable to open the Jhelom journal, so cannot get into the Spider room, even though all parts of the quest up to the Dark Guardian's instructions and directions to the Jhelom house have been completed.