1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I love the new docks in Minoc!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speranza, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

2. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

The phantom docks of Minoc...

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I am loving the new dock in Yew as well!!!

[​IMG]

It's so beautifully done too! With real piers with the water.... The road is real and part of the actual map! Oh this gives me hope! All it needs now is a couple of rustic benches on it to fish from little park there on the land beside it.... be perfect. Maybe they should erect a statue of Lady Willa of the Yew-wood Governor of Yew! *laughs* j/k But I truly love it! Super awesome excellent work DEV's! You hit a home run on this one!

old gypsy and Captn Norrington like this.
  4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I guess Yew needs to fire their contractors!

@MalagAste Watch Vic's video!!! You may change your mind about them lol

Angel of Sonoma likes this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

Best terrain update in quite some time. Keep up the good work.

6. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

The terrain does not work, you cannot go onto the docks and boats can sail right into the middle. Watch the OP's video.

7. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

They will work tomorrow AFTER we get the publish. You can see them now because of the patch, but you won't be able to walk on them till we get the publish tomorrow.

8. DreadLord Lestat

9. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

So are they also getting Fish Mongers ?

10. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You all realize that the art files were updated client side but not SERVER side yet. So until the SERVER is published at server down in the morning the items aren't really there you just see them. Tomorrow after server up they will update the server side publish so it will function properly.

My only thing is that if you look at the tree's on the right side of the road the trunks are OVER the leaves. Looks silly. Perhaps this can be fixed at some point.

11. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

They didn't take out the stall doors and the bad corner in the Minoc stable.

[​IMG]

Glad to finally have them though.

12. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's a real game changer.

callum_fitzhugh likes this.
  13. MalagAste

[​IMG]

The Lovely new Yew Dock! Sadly it may appear to be in "deep water" but from fishing off of it it is NOT in deep water... :( But I guess that's ok... is sure looks awesome! And it has a Harbormaster and Fisherman and Sailor! I'm so happy!

14. Jitta the Blacksmith

Officer and shipwright is not placed in Minoc dock?

15. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

But will Minoc and Yew be added to the Fish Monger quests ??????????????????

16. Cupid

Cupid Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ROFL at that video, thanks was not expecting that.

Speranza likes this.
  17. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

are either in deep water??
    meees wanna tro nets

18. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

whiterabbit likes this.
  19. callum_fitzhugh

20. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

21. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Oh this totally sucks. Everyone knows Trinsic is the shipping center of the world. This will clearly hurt our export and import business! We will be staging strikes! We'll be preparing our war ships!

Captn Norrington and Kyronix like this.
  22. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Fortunately, now with the new docks, your warships have a place to land. So, you're welcome?

Captn Norrington likes this.
  23. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm among the last to defend the Devs overall, but sheesh, they do a little something that's Pareto optimal, and they still get criticized.

24. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I'm all for RP, and have done it from time to time myself, but this change can't have simply been for RP, or so someone can sit and fish with an npc nearby. These docks need full functionality, which should include the addition of Fish Mongers and quests. We could already embark and debark etc from the shores without docks. If it was to benefit Trade Deal travel then I sort of get it, but not really. I"ve tested ship speeds and in walking Wolf Form, I"m able to easily outpace any ship. When doing trade deals, I never sail unless I absolutely have to, since I can easily run from the top of Sosaria to the bottom wayyyyy before any ship can sail there. But the fishing quests need an additional city boost since we're handcuffed by having to be on the same subserver as the receiving city. Why aren't we delivering fishing quests to every city anyway ?

High Seas was released over 4 years ago, shouldn't anything ship/sea/fishing related since then automatically include past release content ? I'm not trying to pile on my point, but, i'm trying to pile on my point. :p

#24 GarthGrey, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    MalagAste and Victim of Siege like this.
  25. Capt. Lucky

Our ships can sail for months straight! We need no dock but Trinsic. Plus we have row boats. Plus there's no building permit on file for it. There will be so many holes in that dock when we're done you won't be able to roll an apple 5 feet!

Captn Norrington and Kolka like this.
  26. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Is this all for real lol? I mean C'mon they really added docks that you can sail through? This is why we have had so many duping issues throughout UO. Things are added without thoroughly tested.

Why is someone who cannot get something as simple as adding docks, adding things in the first place?

DJAd likes this.
  27. DreadLord Lestat

When I posted that, I did not realize that only the graphics were in and it would wait until server maintenance for them to work right. They are fine now.

28. TandaBSK

TandaBSK Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

To my knowledge there has been no mention of fish mongers being placed at either dock.

It might be something we can IF all Minoc and Yew Governor's request together get put in the on a future go round world build. There is also some talk in the Governor's boards about expanding the placement of tithing Ankhs, Again those global changes would need all shards on board to my understanding.

29. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Wait what ?? Since when are Fish Mongers and the fishing quests under the direction/guidance of City Governors ?

30. MalagAste

I'm extremely happy with my Dock in Yew. I am hoping that the Trade Minister will eventually find his way over to the new Dock and I was somewhat hoping that the Shipwrights can as well... As for a Fish Monger and being included in those Quest ... I think it would certainly be nice, though I'm sure they have plenty on their plates as it is right now with attempting to put out a new expansion! Especially since it will hopefully be adding things I've wanted for YEARS... New clothes! I'm hoping it might include some new skintones, especially for Elves and Gargoyles as well as new Horn styles for Gargoyles and perhaps the ability to change your horns... much like we can dye our hair... Perhaps some Horn Tints.

I'd like to see new faces and bodies added to the Body Sculptor as well...

I really do hope they keep improving things in-game. I hate the old way of putting things in and then never updating anything.

31. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

YAY!!!!

32. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

ROFL that video made me laugh so hard. reminded.me of some old uo comics

Speranza likes this.
  33. Capt. Lucky

Hi-LAIR-IOUS

Speranza likes this.
  34. TandaBSK

TandaBSK Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They are NOT under the control of City Governors, I merely meant, that through the request system tied to this IF all the shards were to ask together it might be able to be done. I am not certain (though doubt) that
    such would require a world build like the docks. We're all still trying to understand how this might or might now work.

The docks for example are a world build and the same on each shard, some changes to game require all shards to be done, fixed or edited. That's all I meant.