1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] I miss the "You see..." messages from the Classic Client Journal

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Llewen, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just that. Those messages could be pretty useful if you happened to catch a glimpse of someone, but you didn't have a chance to catch who they are. I miss those messages, and if they could be added it, I'd be grateful.

2. Fink

Fink Guest

I think there's a mod for those.

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

There is a mod for this on the mod exchange...

I wouldn't want this added to the client without a toggle... The System Messages are too numerous and clunky as it is, IMHO. (And I have them shoved off in their own tab..)

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there is a mod for this. but it barley works. people who appear already on screen do not show up (IE: Hidden). nor do a few others under certain circumstances.

5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It would be nice to see some more advanced filters in combination with this.

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yep... there are a few strange things the client does with names, and I never bothered to really go through it all and find a nice way to get a "You see" system to work nicely.
    There should be two settings for the mod - one that only shows people when they first appear (not often enough), and one that shows it every time a name shows up (too often).